Is it possible for oil to leak out of the front motor mount?

GoldenMotor.com

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I've noticed alot of nastily sandly oily buildup on my frame some I gave it a wipe down and a nice 30 minute ride. Here is what I find 30 minutes after its parked.

Is it possible for oil and gas to leak out of the front mount studs or where the bottom cases are put together. Is there even a gasket for the front mount area? I made sure that the head was not leaking and it dripping down. It's coming from the front mount area.

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
it is possible for the gasket to fail at the seam where the case halves meet.
Before getting all worried about that though, are you positive that the oil is not coming from where the exhaust attaches to the cylinder and then getting blown down the front of the engine?

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Thanks that was quick lol. Not worried to much. It's not seaping.... Yet. I checked the all over, not 100% positive that it isn't from exhaust. I did loose one of the small Phillips on the muffler. The top 1 not bottom 2

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
also check ur carb, that looks like a lot of oil or oil/gas, after it leaks out it also gets blown around so it may be hard to tell where its coimng from.

rohmell

Jun 2, 2010
New York
If it was coming from the crankcase, I would think that it would be cleaner (and blue-er, if that is the tint the oil gives your gas). What you have there looks kinda dirty as if it had reached the combustion chamber, and then left from there.

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Anything is possible with these high quality castings ! :)
They are a great value for the price.
That's about it.
rc

Acraze

May 13, 2011
Tuscaloosa
I agree these engines are awesome.. For the price. I think it could be coming from the exhaust in the motor. The threads look oily that attach the muffler on.