9.4 HP ONBOARD video ride; Morini engine road bike

GoldenMotor.com

Lord Helmet

Feb 2, 2010
Space
Re: ONBOARD ride vid; 9.4hp Morini custom road bike

Now a really cool well done video. Loving the bike! It is a true work of art. A beautiful since of a ride.

But here lies one problem it is the few that ruins it for us all. Some folks need the motored bike badly. Badly enough and thankful enough to have it and truly be civilized about it. For these folks such as my self we will no longer have the right to use our bikes anymore when uncivilized habits such as in his video take place. Now we will have to insure our bikes register them etc. Even worse more the likely not ride them anymore at all.

I am sure all the cars you passed were in on it ..NOT. Man you are terrorizing society with that I want to continue to use my bikes without all the headache. Also tons of kid minded people will watch this on you tube. What impression does that make? Music itself is very powerful. Now you have a well done edited video that causes more harm than good.

That is a powerful bike a good work you have done. Video is lousy Sir. Sorry to say it but we have too many impressionable Idiots in society to promote such a behavior. I will be thinking about folks such as yourself when I can no longer use the bike that I in a civilized way once enjoyed. It is the few that ruin it for the rest of us..............Gee Thanks! Now every one will be trying something like that your a real hero Sir..

Last edited:

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
Re: ONBOARD ride vid; 9.4hp Morini custom road bike

Awesome IMO.My mb is my only transportation,and I think that the popularity of the MB will be its undoing,more than a guy having a little fun.This isnt Kindergarten.And there are a whole bunch of things on you tube that are way worse.They will,like anything else on the road,need to be registered,tagged,etc.The govt. will want their cut, more sooner than later.

Last edited:

rockvoice

Apr 6, 2009
glendale california
I think it sucks that some threads are removed and members are sometimes banned (why not in this case) If there was ever a reason this is it. ruining the whole hobby and being completely irresponsible.
hilarious that you have a link to California law on your site that is disregarded in your case.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Usually threads are removed & members banned for primarily just ONE reason...

Disrespecting another member & general rudeness.

While I'm inclined to agree that such shenanigans aren't the best way to promote our hobby - it's really a personal choice to ride that way - nidyanazo has been nothing but friendly, generously sharing his project & not snapping at those that would reprimand him for his riding style.

It's up to the local cops to deal with his violation of road laws, it's up to the staff here to keep this forum civil - if you have any problems with another member it's best if you report a post/discuss it privately with that member and/or staff.

Honestly - I find publicly suggesting that a member be banned for as minor an issue as this & inferring we're not doing our job adequately far more offensive than some dangerous driving habits. You can state your concerns in a polite, constructive fashion if you're worried about the impact on our hobby.

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i think the small fraction of people that will see that video aren't going to include congressmen, lawyers, cops, or the institute of highway safety.

the internet is fulla jackasses on street bikes doing wheelies in traffic, street racing imports running from the cops, skateboarders trespassing somewhere to huck themselves down a handrail, and ton's of other illegal and/or stupid random stunts.

almost all of us have or will break the law on our bikes, be it speeding or blowing stop signs, and i don't think one more video is gonna be the end of it for us.

personally, i don't condone his riding style either, yet i can understand the thrill of having a new, fast bike and wanting to show it off. bottom line, is he'll be the one with a ticket or wiping out.

Jcano6979

Apr 23, 2011
Ocean city nj
Why don't we just enjoy the build and learn from his thread? I mean c'mon the first thing you people wanna do is trash someone for riding their mb, how is that promoting new members to start a thread on their build? Were supposed to help each other out, that is the point of this website. Stop being so petty, so many good things, products, or ideas have been completely stopped that would have made This hobby better from this type of drama. Can we just get back to enjoying the build please?

nate-m

May 24, 2011
Georgia
I don't know what the fuss is about.

He is probably not giving the cars enough space, but it's his own neck he is risking. I don't really see anything else he is doing wrong. As long as he is able to pay attention and anticipate the behavior of the cars then it's ok. If somebody tries to do a quick lane change in front of him... well C'est la vie.

It's certainly less crazy then strapping a 4hp motor to a old cruiser bike and depending on a coaster brake for your stopping power! :)

If the economy gets much worse it's going to be behavior that is mild compared to what will start happening if people move to two-wheeled transportation en masse...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oetF3UTIwbc :)

So relax.

It's a great bike and great video.

Last edited:

flex man

Feb 24, 2011
Woodland Hills Ca.
Hi
For A fresh motor it sounds sweet may I ask you seem to be at sea level .
What kind of oil are you running and and what mixture rate .also are you running stock jets whats your needle postion and how many turns out on high end mixture screw ...Just looking for starting points and as much info as I can from guys that like you with 9.4 morini's that run awsome..and I know you just getting started............I have a 9.4 Boxer still very fresh but doesnt compare to the way yours runs..so what ever youve done it's totally going in the right direction............My hats off to you ......Flex Man...