Find a Dealer & Review

GoldenMotor.com

lordoflightaz

Jan 23, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Fairracing31

I take it you were pretty impressed with USABikes. I always like to support local companies even if it is Tucson (ASU Grad). So I will definately consider them.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
You guys are more then welcome

They are a new vendor and since they are here in Tucson I figured why not and see what they are about. They seem like a great group of guy's that are here to promote the use of motor assisted bicycles. The more competition thats out there, the better for us.

Hopefully soon I can get down to SpookyTooth Bisbee and do the same.

Just to make sure everyone is clear, I have no association with any vendor what so ever. I do this for the members of Motorbicycling.com so that they can make the best decision for them selfs. And to support those that support us.

.flg.

Weedylot

Angry Old Fart
Jun 12, 2008
Tucson Arizona
I just got back from a long visit to Freedom Bikes U.S.A, LLC. Fred Seven showed me around the place. I've never seen or heard of some of the innovations he showed me. I was amazed at his ingenuity and skilled mechanical ability. This guy is going to change the entire two stroke motor kit world. Guaranteed. (I didn't even get to talk sparky stuff, except he clearly instructed me on testing my buddy's hub motor and controls.)
Since I've only seen one shop before Freedom's, maybe I'm easily amazed, but I don't think so. He doesn't build bikes for sale generally, but he took the time to explain some of the kit design improvements while I was there. I'm still not able to digest all that I saw and learned while listening and trying to follow along.
What a great guy, by taking the time to explain things and not being secretive or paranoid he has turned around my attitude toward the two stroke idea. He has apparently overcome some of the common problems I've seen posted frequently on this site.
Freedom Bikes USA is a winner. Fred is a winner. They will soon make waves in the two stroke and electric bicycle world. I felt like I was standing on the shoulders of a giant, and seeing into the future of motorized bicycling.
His web addy is Home :D
WeRideBikes.org

Last edited:

Hill of Beans

Dec 22, 2008
Georgetown, SC
Fairracing31 and Weedylot are quite correct.
USABikeMotors and FreedomBikes of Tucson are very impressive.
They are thinking ahead, and working at innovations that make builds more successful to the newbie and pro alike. Not to mention a good variety of finishes and included extras and improvements. They are also forthcoming about what they have learned, and where they want to go. You can't take the little secrets with you gentlemen. The craft thrives when we attempt to share. Fred Seven may very well change the face of this hobby and business. It also helps to have Don Grubee's ear.
Good folks to do business with,,,,and you might learn something as well. Can't wait to see who comes up with the best universal mount system, or affordable sprocket mounted wheels to make rag joints obsolete.

JoelC707

Jan 21, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Thanks for the kind words about USABikeMotors and Freedom Bikes, guys. Just to clarify, FreedomBikes is the wholesale distributor for Grubee. USABikeMotors is essentially the retail piece of FreedomBikes (we operate out of the same office/warehouse area). Primarily FreedomBikes sells in quantity to people who want to become dealers but he will still sell retail if you really want to buy from him directly. I've got some more pictures if you guys would like to see them but David seems to have got it covered pretty much.

Joel

Shadeslay

Feb 25, 2009
Arroyo Grande, Ca
Bike from XYZ, good bikes for the price, had to make some mods to the kit to fit the frame. Which seems normal from what I've been reading. Shipping was very fast "front tire was bent very minor, easy to tru" .

Motor from zone8cycling, only 2 places I could find that would ship to california, spooky and zone8. Kit had everything needed "I did go with the large motor mount from livefastmotors instead of drilling the frame". Ran right out of the box, I did have to replace the bolts after stripping the head on one trying to take off the cover for the chain. In all though very happy with the motor, but time will tell it's still very new "less then 20 miles". Again shipping was very fast. .shft.

I Still have a few kinks to work out to get it dialed in, right now I tinker with it more then I ride but that's a big part of the fun.

Last edited:

jimbob

Mar 3, 2009
Illinios
I just ordered from Zoombicyles on Feb.27. I also have a UPS tracking number. We will see when it arrives. I will post later on quality and service. This will be my first build, but with reading this forum front to back I know what I am in for and can't wait to get started.

skaz

Jan 27, 2009
Phoenix, AZ
Now that I've done some real shopping, I'd like to give a few reviews.

ZoomBicycles.com (powerkingshop on ebay) is who I bought my first kit from. It was kinda misrepresented as being EPA certified, didn't have a black muffler. Ran excellent out of the box & broke in easily. Fast shipping (to Arizona from Canada.) Didn't have any experience with customer service.

Bought a bike from XYZ Bikes. Cheap, high-quality bike. The handlebar clamp could be better. No modification needed to install engine except for some fiddling with the rear brake.

Bought another engine kit from USABikeMotors.com. Had some issues with it (due to it being different from the first kit) during installation and Joel helped me out a lot.

Both kits that I purchased had near-worthless instructions. That said, I'd recommend all three shops.

Last edited:

jimbob

Mar 3, 2009
Illinios
Would'nt you know. My kit still not here from Zoom. I cannot track it with the UPS tracking # they gave me. An e-mail to them got me a personal phone call from John at Zoom. My kit is hung up at UPS because of the shipping lable being partially non readable. He is working on it??? Today is day 11. Starting to think I should have ordered from local rther than Canada

JoelC707

Jan 21, 2009
Tucson, AZ
Both kits that I purchased had near-worthless instructions. That said, I'd recommend all three shops.
That's something I want to fix. I don't know how the PK instructions look but the ones that come in my kits look like a copy of a copy of a copy (and so on). It's difficult at best to read them and seeing any of the pictures is damn near impossible. I'd like to see if I can get the original PDF (or whatever format it's in) from Don Grube and have copies professionally printed because I'm almost ashamed to say that ours have "instructions" in them.

Joel

jimbob

Mar 3, 2009
Illinios
I still have yet to recieve my Zoombicylce kit, but it was supposably hung up in UPS. I e-mailed John at Zoom 3 seperate times. Each and every time he responded within about 45 min. Twice he called me, the last time thru E-mail. He would have not known I even had a problem had I not E-Mailed him. He did the leg work and straightened it out. Without even having delivery, ( and it being going on day 12 ) customer service has ben 100% in my book.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
And that goes for all vendors!

Good or bad I WILL post a link to the review.

I am not bashing any vendor, just trying to help our members make the best choice for themselves.

And for the one who sent me a PM a while back, NO! I have never received "freebies" from anybody. Unless you want to count the stickers Roland gave me, I kept one for myself and gave out the rest to other members during the 4th Ave. Bike swap. And if that bothers you, let me know, I will gladly send SpookyTooth the cost of the sticker.

Last edited:

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
* From member WALTER F. *

Alright here goes>> XYZ Bikes <xyzbikes.com> located in California. This is where I bought my bike a chopper/cruiser for $155.00 FedEx to Connecticut was $104.00. Bike arrived on time, undamaged and was all there. What else can I say, I would buy from them again yes! In fact they got a "trike" I got my eye on.

Zoombicycles <zoombicycles.com> This is where I bought my engine. They are RUIHONG ENTERPRISES LTD. located at 7678 Winston St. Burnaby, B>C> V5A2H4. Customer Service Phone !-877-565-6888. Engine arrived last Friday on time and undamaged. As near as I can tell it is all there and there are basic instructions with the kit in English. I have not run the engine yet or run into any problems for dealer to solve so I guess I'll give them a provisional OK for now, this will be an ongoing review.

BicycleDesigner.com located in California (Redding I think) This is a site for stuff for the bike, mirrors,seats,lights, ect. I have ordered a few thing s and they should be here tommorrow. I'll keep you posted Walter F.
Hey thank you for this info. I am planning my next proj since I sold my last one to my younger brother. I've been looking for some lowbuck parts, frames, bikes ect...