Custom Coaster Brake Arm

GoldenMotor.com

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Check this out. A Coaster Brake Arm custom angled to fit a hub with the sprocket. No bending needed. This is an exact fit with FELT bikes but can be a universal fit with other bikes. I got this for $10 bucks at Ridleys. This is not listed as a part for sale on their web site, but if you call and asked them what you want they will sell it to you. All of their parts will be an exact fit for FELT bikes but some components is a universal for application..see pics below. chow.

Attachments

Kevlarr

Jul 22, 2009
Mi
That and of the two coaster brake arms I've had off recently they were both different then that and different from each other.

Thought I'd get away with using my old pre-bent arm but no, different size hole.

Kevron99

Aug 11, 2009
Howell, New Jersey
Is a **** lot easier for me to align my rear wheel because it is perfectly fitted and give me an option to lateral adjust Jims sprocket adapter. For $10 bucks it get all done the accurate way. I think it is a well spent investment.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I know this thread is 4 months old, but I just found something that will solve a lot of MY problems anyway. Spookytooth, (If they ever get it together,) has a Coaster Brake extension arm for $10.00 that gets the arm connection past the sprocket. I've busted 2 arms already trying to grind and bend everything to fit on a Jesse James build. :-||

I didn't see anyplace on the site to place an order though, I'll look again. I either gotta get one or make it myself. Ordering it online would just be easier.
fatdaddy.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Yeah, Again it's been a while. But I just found someone that actually has them in stock. The coaster brake extensions that Spooky Tooth used to sell is now available at Livefastmotors. I was just checking out the Clamshell adapter when I noticed one in the large Clamshell setup. I emailed them and Chad got back to me and said they will sell it separately for $10. As I recall thats the same price Spooky Tooth was selling it for. Just email Chad Richardson and he will send you a paypal invoice for it..
http://www.livefastmotors.com/produ...e-motor-clamshell-sprocket-adapter-large.html
fatdaddy.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
be careful with the livefast one,,,machined out of very soft aluminum
(there's that darn chineseium again),,,
I have seen the shoulders on them totally rounded out and chewed up :(
(I did get what was left of the bike after the accident for cheap parts tho) ;)

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
be careful with the livefast one,,,machined out of very soft aluminum
(there's that darn chineseium again),,,
I have seen the shoulders on them totally rounded out and chewed up :(
(I did get what was left of the bike after the accident for cheap parts tho) ;)
Bill, just got an answer from Chad about what they are made of. They should be case hardend steel, but they are just steel, not aluminum as you said. If he lied to me he would open himself to a lawsuit and I don't think he would do that.
Also, with all respect, one vender knocking another venders products just doesn't look good. If they are a bad product then I'm sure a regular member will say something.
fatdaddy.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
I am not in competition with him,,,I DO NOT sell 2stroke stuff
I am just trying to help

I do like Jim's engines (Chad's dad), I send 2smoke people to him all the time
like most, his fasteners and peripheral bits leave something to be desired

your call,,,;)

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
I am not in competition with him,,,I DO NOT sell 2stroke stuff
I am just trying to help

I do like Jim's engines (Chad's dad), I send 2smoke people to him all the time
like most, his fasteners and peripheral bits leave something to be desired

your call,,,;)
Again, With all the respect in the world, Of course you're in competition with him. Even if the two of you are great friends you do sell a lot of the same stuff. ie, chains, throttles, sprockets, tensioners, ect. Theres a couple builders that live near me and we get along great, but we are in competition for the business in the area. Still, I never knock the competition, except to say I do good, safe and solid builds for less.
I really don't think you did this with malice. and I do think you were only trying to help. Just saying, one vender knocking another venders products doesn't look good.
And I'm sure you're right about his "fasteners and periperal bits", He probably sells the same chinese crap everyone else sells. I just think it would look better not coming from another vender.
Just my opinion, and I hope we're still friends. I do value your input on the forum.
fatdaddy.

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
all good here :)
I have been doing the MB thing for quite a while now, and believe I am known for not bashing, but giving reliable help

the adapter I saw was aluminum (they may well be steel now), and caused the owner a lot of road rash when he crashed,,,brakes are NOT something to be trivialized
not being able to go is irritating/aggravating, but, not being able to stop is dangerous ;)

I was just trying to save someone else any grief

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
all good here :)
I have been doing the MB thing for quite a while now, and believe I am known for not bashing, but giving reliable help

the adapter I saw was aluminum (they may well be steel now), and caused the owner a lot of road rash when he crashed,,,brakes are NOT something to be trivialized
not being able to go is irritating/aggravating, but, not being able to stop is dangerous ;)

I was just trying to save someone else any grief
Cool Bill. I understand completly. And I've pretty much said the same thing about brakes for a long time now. Not being able to go won't kill you, not being able to stop might.
fatdaddy.

Nuckingfuts

Nov 30, 2015
CA, USA
Anyone have a current source for these splined brake arms that fit the Shimano CB-E110 coaster brake? I just called Ridley directly and they no longer sell them. Thanks!

jamesar

Jan 18, 2016
united states
Check this out. A Coaster Brake Arm custom angled to fit a hub with the sprocket. No bending needed. This is an exact fit with FELT bikes but can be a universal fit with other bikes. I got this for $10 bucks at Ridleys. This is not listed as a part for sale on their web site, but if you call and asked them what you want they will sell it to you. All of their parts will be an exact fit for FELT bikes but some components is a universal for application..see pics below. chow.
That piece looks made for a coaster brake,good idea.I cut mine in two pieces,one that would fit inside the sprocket and the remaining welded on top of it,haven't had any problem with it.