Big Daddy" Rat Fink" Roth

GoldenMotor.com

robin

Nov 15, 2008
Penticton British Columbia Canada
I watched a documentary about the custom car sensation of the 60s---guess what this is the new sensation-the custom bicycle--and guess what it is way more affordable !!! Maybe one of you artists could produce custom T shirts like Ed did I know i would buy them and iam 62 !!

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Man, I used to build all those models. Far out, man.
Speaking of models, does anybody know where to find any bicycle models? I have been looking and have had no luck. I would like to make some Motorized Bicycles models. Would be cool to make models that look like our MB's.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Here's a couple for all you old guys. The first is a Rat Fink that has been hanging on the wall in my garage for a while, signed by the man himself.
The other is a quiz: First prise to anyone who can identify the guy with the flat top haircut sitting in my car. No hints except that he is a hot rodding icon.
Tom

Attachments

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
Here's a couple for all you old guys. The first is a Rat Fink that has been hanging on the wall in my garage for a while, signed by the man himself.
The other is a quiz: First prise to anyone who can identify the guy with the flat top haircut sitting in my car. No hints except that he is a hot rodding icon.
Tom
Dick Kraft?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Fair posted at 5:51, Joe did at 6:01.
Fair got the name right, Joe got the TV show that featured the car.
Kookie (Ed Burnes), on 77 Sunset Strip drove the 'T' roadster that was built by Norm. He went on to build several other cars that saw service in TV and movies and even had a number of small acting parts. He's still going strong, carving wooden rocking horses, skull gear shift knobs and recently got into some metal sculpturing. Neat guy and I was honored to have him sit in my car at a local show in 2003.
Tom

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Thought I should share this with you guys. Its one of my most treasured photos.
Norm Grabowski and me at a car show in 03. I can recall when I was just a kid and would watch 77 Sunset Strip and drool whenever the roadster was shown. I had to wait a lot of years but to actually have the guy who built that car sit in mine was a treat beyond compare. Good memory.
Tom

Attachments