im new to the site, i finally got to post something

GoldenMotor.com

sonnyboy1388

Jan 22, 2009
Florida
i havent purchased a kit for my bike yet but im really eager to. first i wanted to get all my facts straight before i commit to something. ive already got some great advice but im open to more about what kit to look out for and what will give me the best quality for my money. by sunday i hope to have made a decision so until then if anyone has any suggestions. sofar im looking at a kit from kingsmotorbikes.com its their chinese made 80cc engine kit. my bike is a huffy newport beach cruiser style and i was looking for something that would mount in the frame and use a chain drive. anybody have recomendations? send me links to the site if you can...thanks much...

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Hello,Sonny,
Sorry no one has gotten back to you yet. Must have been a busy weekend for some of the regulars. There is a lot of good information available here for the new comer to this hobby. Here's a link you might find interesting. http://motorbicycling.com/f4/kit-best-1764.html
One of the decisions you'll need to make is if you want to go with a 2 cycle engine or a 4cycle. Each has its advantages and disadvantages. You'll need to do some reading and decide for yourself on that issue. Don't get in a hurry to order a kit; read a lot first before you spend your $. Always feel free to ask questions here before making a purchase or if you have problems with the kit you decide on. Good luck, have fun.
Tom

Last edited:

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
I got a kings engine , in the long run, matched the intake , exaust ports. marked at TDC ,for intake side shaved the protruding piston skirt to match opening. Last never made it to a tuned pipe , would love to try one though. I just opened up the baffle on the muffler a little at a time, drilled holes. 5000 miles , runs just fine on mine. Lots of good info here, not all of the ch motors have the piston skirt partially blocking the intake opening. Some designs put the intake port lower on the jug casting clearing the port perfectly already. The kings I bought is a bushed engine, Its been just fine . I think they are all good motors though . Wouldn't worry to much, but do check around , I have heard some kits were cheesier more or less. Good luck ride safe I know you will have fun!!!!!!!!!!