installing a second gas tank

GoldenMotor.com

pedrorican43

May 8, 2014
williston
i would like to know if someone could give me the instructions on how to install a second fuel tank in addition to the tank that came with the kit? Also, i would welcome ideas on what to use as a aux fuel tank. I was thinking about making a fiberglass tank, but dont know how to go about it. Could someone please help me? thank you:-||

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Just find a small fuel tank on ebay or somehwere online that sells parts for pocket bikes and the small chinese atv bikes and such, figure out where you want to mount it like behind the seat possibly, go to an auto parts store like maybe napa, autozone etc.... and get a Y union so you can have one fuel line going to carb and one each going to each tank, I would also pickup an inline fuel shut off valve in the lawn mower section at the parts house or at tractor supply so you can keep the tanks isolated from each other until you need to close off one and use the other.

This project is an easy thing to do if you have some tools and some know how, but how exactly its done will be determined by your bike, where you want the tank, how big of a tank you want and where you plan to mount the auxiliary fuel tank, you'll have to figure all of that out.

Best wishes

Map
.wee.

tinnes2

Apr 25, 2014
Wood Dale IL.
I was thinking about. Doing a second tank. I decided To put on a larger Honda tank i found at yard sale Going to paint it up stripe it should look great and it has a reserve. Tank

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
The OP hasn't responded yet but if they do the one thing to keep in mind is the outlet of the secondary fuel tank must be as high or higher than the inlet of the carburetor. These are gravity flow fuel systems, no fuel pumps and liquids only flow downhill.

Tom

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
The OP hasn't responded yet but if they do the one thing to keep in mind is the outlet of the secondary fuel tank must be as high or higher than the inlet of the carburetor. These are gravity flow fuel systems, no fuel pumps and liquids only flow downhill.

Tom
Very True, and another thing I must point out is that both tanks need to be at about the same hight because one tank could fill the other and cause an overflow out the gas cap if both fuel valves were left open accidentally...
What I was thinking about if I wanted to run 2 tanks would be to use the frame mounted tank in front and then a rack mounted tank above the rear wheel, that would also keep them both pretty much level and above the carb's fuel inlet.