The best deal EVER.

GoldenMotor.com

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
Many times when a vehicle has been sitting for a while it just takes a few taps on the starter and she'll work fine next time, worth a try.

CTripps

Aug 22, 2011
Vancouver, B.C.
It may not be as bad as you think. I had a Pontiac beater for a few years after the Chev died. When the starter was getting twitchy a mechanic looked it up in the big book to give me a quote for the job. It said to change it was an 8 hour job with an engine hoist. I took the car home and did it in 2 hours with a pair of ramps. Granted, it wasn't as easy compared to the Chev but I often don't need to see what my hands are working on. It sort of went undo electrical, then 3 bolts, roll it 1/4 turn toward me (for solenoid to clear something) swing one end up, bring the whole thing down, turn, etc.

The only things that really sucked about doing it were (1) working on car instead of working with car, and (2) doing it in -20ºC by flashlight laying on snow.

Last edited:

Harley59

Aug 19, 2012
Vancouver, bc
I remember that it took you a day or two before you thawed out, but throwing your gloves in the microwave threw me the first couple of times I saw you do it. ;)

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Another chapter unfolds in the Best Deal Ever!
Got a call tonight. The guy I traded for the RV had his bike stolen from his carport. Said he went inside for some tea with the bike LOCKED in the back of the carport, and came back ten minutes later to find it gone without a trace.
He got a grand total of about two hours seat time.
Sad way to enter the bicycle engine hobby.
Needless to say, I hope for my arrest record I don't run into some fool riding this bike.

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
sold a MX parts bike to pay for a starter. Yanking it tomorrow for repair or replace depending.
I do have the title signed in my hand!
But I feel so bad for dude. I wish I could afford to replace his bike for him even though it was not my fault.
I DID warn him REPEATEDLY not to leave it outside.
But I still feel bad.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
Yeah that's pretty messed up! Better get it home before somebody steels the wheels off it! Hey maybe you can trade him another bike for something else he has.

Last edited:

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
You want to be careful of the brakes sitting that long. If it has disk in front the calipers will stick and drag. That's what hapend to me on a 92 Flair..............Sure feel bad about the stolen bike......Curt

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
To be honest I wont sugar coat it , never been one to do so, I.M.H.O. It Looks like a gas guzzling bottomless money pit.unless you need it to live in or something to that affect, rip out the big block & tranny . Then scrap the rest of it Find a cheap Dodge Neon and cram that big block in it. & go hunting rice burners :)

When gas prices hit $5-$6 bucks a gallon you will need a part time job just to cover the gas prices to get you to your day job.

Point being you haven't even got it home yet and your already shelling out $50 in cash. and that $50 is a conservative number compared to what you will need to spend to get it road worthy.

Just my 2¢ please don't think I'm being mean or how they put it " flaming you" I'm not I'm just trying to help you see the light !!

Imagine that motor in a tiny Dodge neon LOL ... it would take off so fast the paint would just drop on the ground ...

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters.

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
I hope for my arrest record I don't run into some fool riding this bike.

This is the very reason I prefer a revolver over a Semi-Auto box magazine type pistol or say a 1911 granted they are beautiful and excellently crafted works of art in my eyes but, you retain your brass in a revolver opposed to the semi which spays the shells all over the place and when time is of the essence who wants to be searching around for spent brass?

Unless your planning on sticking around for the coppas. Only problem with that is even if you are shooting a ****ball criminal who deserves it chances are they will arrest you and take away all your guns. T

People will say "Oh my it's only a bicycle why would you shoot him" Well liberals...I don't see it that way. I see is an intruder who went onto another mans land with the intent to steal his belongings You also must consider that 90% of these people "when confronted in the act of stealing" attack the person that caught them in an attempt to get away.

Now lets say "& god forbid" this guys kid walked outside and saw dood sealing the bike .. what would of transpired then , who knows but either way. the pill head deserves to be shot !..at least once in the foot .& the person protecting his own stuff shouldn't be the one arrested hence the reason I like revolvers.!

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
This kind of reaction is the main reason I don't like handguns.
Much as I hate thieves, I really don't think stealing a bicycle is a killing offense.
I WOULD beat the holy thiefsh*t out of him but a bullet?.... seems a bit much.
Pulling a trigger is FAR too easy and cannot be pulled back once fired.
Nobody ever slipped and beat someone to death. Can't say that about guns.
Guns are too deadly.

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
UPDATE!:
Got it started and running finally after pulling the carb for inspection.
Turns out someone had completely closed the float adjustment preventing ANY fuel from getting into the bowl. It was stopped at the inlet. All the cranking in the world was useless with no fuel. I originally thought it was clogged fuel lines but luckily it was human error (or something).
Drove just fine with only slight flatspotting of the tires and weak brakes.
Pedal is right on the floor. I'm hoping fluid and a bleed will help. If not, it advertises as "needs brakes."
I'm stoked. This should sell for $2-3k easily with some elbow grease.
Got the inside cleaned out today, outside wash and inside scrubdown with soap and water tomorrow!

I opened the valve and set the float height and it fired right up and ran fine.

Last edited:

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Dude,

Is that a bathtub in your driveway?

Yeah, fix the brakes. That thing could kill dozens of people if it don't stop. Maybe even you. On second thought, keep that bathtub where it is for now. Till you get the brakes fixed. That way the damage to your garage will be less - :)

Good Luck!

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Dude,

Is that a bathtub in your driveway?

Yeah, fix the brakes. That thing could kill dozens of people if it don't stop. Maybe even you. On second thought, keep that bathtub where it is for now. Till you get the brakes fixed. That way the damage to your garage will be less - :)

Good Luck!
Yup. Laugh all you want. Had a guy stop the other day wanting to buy it. Lady of the house told him $550. (I think she's nuts but what do I know from bathing)

And it makes an excellent chock.

Mike B

Mar 23, 2011
Central CA
Oh yeah, some people are in love with those old cast iron porcelain bathtubs from the past. Do the whole thing with the hanging curtains and the hand sprayers in the custom bathroom.

It could be worth more than the motor home - :)

Really, I'm not making fun, Here's a new one going for 2 grand;

http://www.vintagetub.com/asp/product_detail.asp?item_no=P0765C-S

A genuine old one in good shape should be worth even more - :)

Last edited:

maniac57

Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Got it washed today. My arms are noodles. Even the small ones got a lot of acreage!

Still need to scrub down the inside tomorrow after my arms recover.

Tyler6357

Mar 15, 2012
Santa Barbara, CA
This kind of reaction is the main reason I don't like handguns.
Much as I hate thieves, I really don't think stealing a bicycle is a killing offense.
I WOULD beat the holy thiefsh*t out of him but a bullet?.... seems a bit much.
Pulling a trigger is FAR too easy and cannot be pulled back once fired.
Nobody ever slipped and beat someone to death. Can't say that about guns.
Guns are too deadly.
nobody??-----> http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/ne...rrific-youth-sport-that-nothing-short-deadly/

Just shoot for the groin.....problem solved