bike builder

GoldenMotor.com

burbintime

Apr 10, 2013
Toronto
Just a short message to say that bike forum has saved me a lot of money. Even though i worked as a mechanic, nothing can prepare you to know a lot about these bikes other than reading and trial and error. i am on my fourth and almost know them inside out. Once you get the bugs out and know the bikes weaknesses, and strong points, you can modify the problem areas so they dont happen again, thats what i did. Mine is now tweaked to the point of reliability, speed, and safety. I use it as my only transportation and even drive it in the winter. The bike is so cheap to operate it is unbelievable. In most cases if i break down i just buy another motor for under $100.00. Now where else can you do that, I just love it. Every where i go i draw a crowd, where can i get one, how fast does it go, etc. etc. it got to a point where i now make extra money buy building them for people. Take care and thanks. Sincerely Burbintime

Last edited:

pdog

Apr 8, 2013
ct
What bikes do you use? I just made my first with a very cheap bike that I got with the kit free and have had problems with bad quality wheels and rear derailleur cogs. I guess I would go to Walmart and get a bike that I premeasured to fit the kit on it if I were to buy a bike for my next build. I can get a bike with disk brakes, shocks and many speeds there for about $100. Then I might change the rear derailleur cogs or the whole thing and possibly change out the rear wheel to something more heavy duty.

dance1