speedometer computer

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Even wired speedos can sometimes be affected by the ignition system. There is a lot of discussion here regarding speedometers and interference. Use the Google Custom Search, type in 'speedometer' and you'll have plenty to rear.

As for instructions that have been translated into English, you never know what you'll see/read. The booklet that comes with the Bell speedo shows the magnet/sensor mounted on the left front fork but the instructions say to mount it on the right side :)

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
Just be sure the magnet is close to the pickup...that's the 6cm measurement, (should be 6MM) It does not matter where you mount it as long as it is close to the pickup as the wheel spins.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Just be sure the magnet is close to the pickup...that's the 6cm measurement, (should be 6MM) It does not matter where you mount it as long as it is close to the pickup as the wheel spins.
And look for the little arrow on the sensor. The magnet on the spokes should line up exactly with that arrow. Otherwise your speedometer won't work well.

Tom

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
actually is 1.5mm max spacing between magnet and sensor :s tight fit.

And look for the little arrow on the sensor. The magnet on the spokes should line up exactly with that arrow. Otherwise your speedometer won't work well.

Tom
right, ill have to look at that .

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
I have a wired speedo and it didnt work until I changed the plug wire to a carbon core wire. Later after I installed the Jag cdi it quit working again (Wacky readings) even after I put a carbon wire on the jag coil so I ordered an old skool cable drive speedo.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
reading the instructions gives accurate measurements - 'course some folks only look at the pics : (

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
ok so i got a new computer. trying to set it up. the speedo itself is set. just trying to understand the instructions as to where to put it.
it the instructions online, it was distance between the computer and transmitter is 6CMM
what the **** is that??
http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j...=KTNrAV1b3bmrhvZ1ye1uEQ&bvm=bv.44442042,d.cGE
It's a typo. What they're trying to say is the transmitter can't be more than 60cm from the computer.

Since that's a wireless speedo, you'll probably be getting RF interference at some engine speeds.