Anyone have S5-N spec sheet or repair manual?

GoldenMotor.com

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Picked up an old LEM for $75 with S5-N engine. Motor started right up but wouldn't go anywhere. Clutch shoes where there but no springs or master links to hold clutch on.

I have engine blow up diagram from Morini USA but can't find any specs on the engine like horsepower, recommended clutch oil, etc.

I know KTM had a repair manual for those engines but being the cheapskate that I am I'll be damned if I'll pay for it...lol.

LEM probably had a manual too but couldn't find anything on the web.

Any help would be appreciated! Message me for email addy if you might have anything you could email me...

Last edited:

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
No it doesn't. And ya know what...it's stamped on the bottom S5N but cylinder looks like a S5T and LEM 50cc bikes are listed as having S5/T1 engines. Anyway, here's a picture similar to my motor.

Attachments

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
what do you need? the ''n'' has a alloy cylinder piston port like a HT and is very well built. 3 hp all day long for years on end. i use 80/85 hp oil from honda and fill to the side screw. parts are hard to find but PM me before you pay big$$$$ i have some stuff. try to save your gaskets. good luck dennis

Maxvision

Jun 13, 2009
San Diego, CA
Looks like all I need are the 2 master chain links that hold the clutch shoes on and the clutch springs. Clutch shoes are still there and appear to have plenty of pad left on them.

I checked out the clutch rebuild kits but again, being the cheapskate that I am...I'll be damned if I'll pay $80 for the kit when all I need are 2 master links and 2 springs.

Tried using master links from the fat chain that comes with the Chinese motor kits but the link pins are just a weeeee bit too short.

Everything else seems to be in good working order. Has plenty of compression and started right up when I got it home after I bought it. Just wouldn't go anywhere cause of the missing clutch parts.

And heck yeah dmb, if you have 2 master chain links and 2 springs laying around for the clutch I'd be happy to pay you a reasonable price for them!!!

Also, thanks for filling me in on the motor's hp. Was hoping it'd be one of the 5 hp motors but 3 hp is still .5 hp more than the China motors and it'll look real nice on the board tracker I'm building.

Last edited:

dmb

Dec 4, 2010
lakewood ca
ya. i got a complete clutch you can have. as you know L/H threads and loc tite are a must. check out treatland for nice cheep pipe's