back tire wont move

GoldenMotor.com

jamarjack

Jan 3, 2012
port richey,fl
I have a motorbike and while I was driving it all of a sudden the back wheel locked up I tried tightening the cable and nut what else could it be help please

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
You need to tell us what engine you have. It's a little hard to diagnose problems without some information.
However, if you have a Chinese 2 stroke engine mounted in the frame start by
checking to see if the chain is bound up at the engine drive sprocket. A chain that is too loose can do that with the results you have. Remove the clutch actuator cover, left side of engine to gain access to the drive sprocket.

Tom

young grease monkey

Sep 20, 2011
Chicago
most likely your chain jumped off the front sprocket and got caught. it could have ruined your chain, but try to get it unstuck without damaging the chain more.

leadfarmer

Sep 30, 2011
VA
If the chain is fine then it has to be a coaster brake issue. If you don't have a coaster, I don't know.

robbomberbomyea

Dec 10, 2011
toledo oh
yeah,, my coaster brake took crap today,,,locked up ,,but it was old..ol scruffy huffy maybe gettin new wheel,,thinkin disk brake this time..

nightcruiser

Mar 25, 2011
USA
I just checked the chain and its on the sprocket whatelse can it be?
After checking the brakes and chain I would check to make sure the clutch is operating. Make sure the clutch lever is moving far enough to disengage the motor. If the wheel and chain are not locked up and clutch is disengaging then it's time to look at something inside the motor. Sometimes people leave their fuel petcock on when parked and fuel seeps down into the cylinder, since liquid can not compress this sometimes causes a motor to seize. Easiest thing to do is pull the spark plug and roll the bike, if there is liquid fuel in there it will spit right out (make sure there is no spark or flame nearby). If your chain is not jammed, brakes not jammed, and spark plug pulled and you STILL cant get the motor to turn then you have bigger problems, lets hope you don't have to go there....

PS A new motor generally has low compression at first (turns over easily) and compression builds as the rings seat. I have seen people mistake this increased compression as a seized motor, because at first they barely needed to roll to get the motor to turn over but after the motor has some compression it takes more speed to overcome the compression and get her to turn over. Just a note based on observation of comments from newbies in the forum...

Last edited:

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Have you removed the front sprocket cover and visualy checked for binding of the chain in there. This is a common occourance with a too loose chain on these engines.