Morini 7th Annual SD Ride Results

GoldenMotor.com

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Oh sure goat Ill be your crash test dummy haha. Like I said Ive got a small sprocket but I dont see a need for it (yet). Speaking of racing though, one really nice thing you sort of alluded too about the Morini, is its efficiency.

Not fuel efficiency by any means, but race efficiency. At 50cc its very light in weight and very high in power. Yet it needs no transmission, which makes its extremely ideal at putting the most specific power to the ground. In automobiles the rule of thumb is usually 15% loss for of power to go through an automatic trans. Now I realize that does not mean that is the case with a motorized bike trans. Yet it must be a factor.

Mine is still fuel efficient enough for me to be happy considering my gas guzzling covered wagons in the drive way. I run premium run of the mill automotive gas pump fuel. About 90 oct.

The max rpms I ever got was 12000 outta my S6S with stock ignition even with a newly jetted 21mm carb as well as the stock 19mm. 12 tooth front sprocket 52 rear and a 24X3.0 tire that gives the stance of a 26X1.75 tire for circumference rough abouts mebbe a little less. Top speed 45 going down a fairly steep hill in a tuck.

The length of about 5 houses in a neighborhood block got me to 39 mph was my best run with the 21mm carb jetted rich late at night hella thick humidity and cloud cover. . ''My max speed is 40 mph...'' That is all my present gearing will give me.

I have gone up some pretty mean steep paved roads and 40 has always been achievable.

Running the 21mm rich lost my ability to cruise slow. Little bit of gurgling at cruise. ''12 mph'' I am reading up on throttle body needles at the moment to get the lower half of my progression circuit just a tad leaner prolly not do able with the 21mm? Betting I figure it out tho. I'd love a day or two to play at sea level on this pig!

Still running my clutch at the factory stock position untouched. ''bevel Washer stack wise'' I got more trust from the 21mm carb enough to afford me a lower clutch stall. Not gonna do it tho. I was able to cruise 12 mph without the 4 stroke gurgle on the 19mm Carb. Still playing around with the 21mm Thats half the fun!!

Dunno yet? All this studying is to see if I want a 24mm carb for the new Morini.

Got a S6C here just mocking/teasing me to put it on a bike. dnut

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
laffIf I wanted to I could gear to go 55 easy! I did not originally gear for that. Silly me would be going that fast all the time. lol

I had my first Morini this fast already once was enough for me.

My best motto its not how fast you can go but how fast you can go fast.:)

Last edited: