53 Schwinn

GoldenMotor.com

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
This is the bike Im building for the Misses. Its a 1953 Schwinn, Im using parts of last years 66 cc Zoom kit, SBP exp chamber, sprocket by Sportscar Pat, rear tank by Silverbear, manic intake,front disc... She picked out the bike and is helping out with it, learning how everything works together. Lots of rides are planned this summer She will be riding this at the Aug Penn. Rally. Its 99 percent sanded down to 220, waiting for her seat to arrive so I put Mine on now she wants a layback. The bike will be sprayed with Candy Apple Red dupli color one-step and correct white (wings?) the pattern that goes from the Head tube down the bars.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Awesome!
My GF has her own motorbike... (a purple 1980 Schwinn Spitfire).

You should look into powder coating. It's inexpensive, & they sand blast it for you, so you don't have to spend all that time sanding!! ;)

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Powdercoating is running like 100 here plus I got a good deal on a airbrush and gun the quart of paint is 20 and enough for at least 5 bikes. Although Im definitely not sanding anymore bikes. From now on Im getting them sandblasted.

Cogswelln

Dec 6, 2009
Maine
good lookin frame fo sho, now if i could get my g/f into riding these thing i would build her one either way keep the pics comin, and let us know how she likes it

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Here she is in the light of day, just have to get some new bearings for the rear coaster install Pats sprocket and paint.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Pretty much done here. just got to put the Quick white walls on, rear tank and run the chains and cables

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Got the bike legal with Moped sticked got it up and running and it died. chug chug chug no fire Going to replace CDI , and magneto. This motor ran perfect last year would start with a half of crank on the pedal. This bike wont be going to Marthas Vineyard next week-end Im going to rent her a moped. Not sure what this bikes future is, She really wants a 4 strok BTR after riding My panther.