sprocketless design

GoldenMotor.com

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Hey! I'm from East Otherwhere. We might have gone to different schools together.

East OtherWhere, proudly, where underoos were invented. Originally the marketing phrase was "OtherWhere underwear, it's fun to wear" But was sold after the latex and leather factory closed.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i lived in BFE for awhile, then they changed the name to Tucson. i've been to the Middle Of Nowhere plenty of times for work, and i've also been to the north and south sides which would be the Edge Of Nowhere. the southside's ok, 'cause if you cross the border you end up in Somewhere, but the Northside of the Edge leads to Empty Valley. i think if you go any further your next turn off is the Edge of the Earth.

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
i lived in BFE for awhile, then they changed the name to Tucson. i've been to the Middle Of Nowhere plenty of times for work, and i've also been to the north and south sides which would be the Edge Of Nowhere. the southside's ok, 'cause if you cross the border you end up in Somewhere, but the Northside of the Edge leads to Empty Valley. i think if you go any further your next turn off is the Edge of the Earth.
And you drop off into the Abyss? I hear it's a long way down from the Edge rotfl

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
And it's uphill, barefooted on spiky pedals, with a blown engine and flat tires, both ways to and from that school that's right on the Edge.....it's a long journey!

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'm so glad I didn't shut this down after the first post...what a pleasure you guys are. Thanks for restoring my faith in humans...no matter where they're from.
Carry on.
Tom

taddthewadd

Mar 1, 2009
Visalia, California
On what's left of the topic(lol) They do make shaft drives for us 'cylers. It would be cool to see an HT hooked up to something like this via Jack-Shaft.

couldn't a chainring be mounted to the part the crank attaches to? There are three bolts there. Just an idea. I think that shaft drive would be the best option for a MB. What do you guys think?

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
I agree Tad. Would eliminate so many of the common problems. Chain, tensioner, all the clearance problems in the drive train.

I'm so glad I didn't shut this down after the first post...what a pleasure you guys are. Thanks for restoring my faith in humans...no matter where they're from.
Carry on.
Tom

You take the good, you take the bad,
you take them both and there you have
The Facts of Life, the Facts of Life.

laff ,snork

scotto-

Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Well to be perfectly honest, I really like sprockets and gears, the only problem has always been the chain. It's a long story so I'll spare you and just say that I've always wanted to develope a driveshaft type drivetrain using a hollow titanium driveshaft and a lightweight enclosed gearbox. I just haven't gotten around to it yet. Maybe one day.....we'll see.

David D.

Sep 12, 2010
California
Hi everyone, just wanted to say hi, and i am from central cal. . . trying to learn a little about these things. built my first bike last week, a schwinn jaguar and china 2 stroke...got about a hundred miles on it now and i love it. . seems everywhere i go i end up explaining to strangers what it is, where it came from , ect... ordered an engine kit yesterday for my next one seems alot of people want to buy mine. . and i am wanting someone else to ride with. got an older cruiser frame laying around so there it is. . . i got it bad :)

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hi everyone, just wanted to say hi, and i am from central cal. . . trying to learn a little about these things. built my first bike last week, a schwinn jaguar and china 2 stroke...got about a hundred miles on it now and i love it. . seems everywhere i go i end up explaining to strangers what it is, where it came from , ect... ordered an engine kit yesterday for my next one seems alot of people want to buy mine. . and i am wanting someone else to ride with. got an older cruiser frame laying around so there it is. . . i got it bad :)
Hey David,
Yes you have caught the motored bike bug and there is no known cure. Welcome to the forum. I might suggest introducing yourself formally and showing a picture of your Jag... also the mystery cruiser of the second build. If only every viral infection could be so enjoyable...
SB

Tim_B_172

Aug 26, 2009
Saint Joseph, MO
The shaft drive on the pedal side is interesting. Even if you still used a chain and rag joint to drive the back wheel, it would still clean up the look of an MB by having only one chain.