Lifan Horizontal Engines

GoldenMotor.com

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
if the carb has a float bowl then no not without fabricating an intake manifold to keep the carb oriented properly . is it a 4 stroke ? most 4 strokes have an oil reservoir designed to be in the position that the motor is intended to be at , so there's another no

if the carb has a little bulb primer pump , it may have an all possition carb , if so then yes

being a little more specific with your description of the engine you are asking about , might help in getting a better answer to your question

diceman2004

Aug 26, 2009
Kitchener , Ontario
looking at the motor i think most likely no you cant mount this vertically , but i could be wrong , and not being able to see the other side , its possible that the chain or belt comes strait out the back , which means vertically mounted the chain will be coming out the bottom , and thats a whole new problem .

john_the_great

Oct 24, 2009
California
That is a pit bike engine! With a four speed tranny! It would definatley not run horizontal... I dunno why you would want to those motors are like 2 feet long. One of those on a bicycle would do 60!
p.s. they are also waaaaaaaaaaaaaay to heavy for a bicyle they were designed fer quads and pit bikes!

BOREDTrackRacer

Nov 10, 2009
Los Angeles
I am building the frame from scratch. I want to use one of the lifan vertical engines, however I can only find the 200cc available in stock right now and I dont want 200cc!! Does anyone know where to get the 100 or the 150cc lifan vertical that is in stock right now?

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I can't find many below 200cc either, but I can tell you that the horizontal works great! I have an automatic 50cc mounted on a stretch cruiser. If you are building your frame, it should be an easy fit. Truly hauls butt.

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
It's not completely finished, but ridable. All of the pics I have are in the DIY area under ATV 50cc thread. As you know, it's been really cold in Alabama lately. I am too cheap to spend the cash on heating my shop, so I am on hold until it warms up a bit.

Scotchmo

Jun 23, 2009
Los Osos, California
I am building the frame from scratch. I want to use one of the lifan vertical engines, however I can only find the 200cc available in stock right now and I dont want 200cc!! Does anyone know where to get the 100 or the 150cc lifan vertical that is in stock right now?
I’ve got a 125cc engine that came out of a brand new Panterra dirt bike. It is the about the same size as the 150cc, 200cc Lifans. It is an electric start, 5 speed vertical engine. It is complete except for the carburetor slide. I even have the coil, cdi, exhaust, air box, etc. I pulled it from a bike that I converted to electric. It had 1 mile on it. I’m near San Luis Obispo, but I get down to the LA area once in awhile. Make me any reasonable offer and it’s yours.

DustyRoads

Dec 8, 2009
Michigan
I see Hooper is now offering the LIFAN vertical 100 cc engine at a sale price of $299. Ive also, been considering this for my BTR.