Couple of problems with my bike/Need help solving them

GoldenMotor.com

Ganja420Boy

Jun 11, 2009
Springfield, Tn
I just built my first bike and I loved it at first but the more I ride it the more I hate it and I havent even finished breaking in the engine. So I was hoping that I could post here and find a fix for my problems.

My main problem is all the nuts keep coming loose after a short ride (30 minute ride tops). I have tried
blue loctite,lock washers and double nuts on the bolts and nothing is working. After every ride they are all loose from the muffler to the engine.

2nd problem is my light. I bought 1 of thoose stick N click lights that runs off of 3 AA batteries and when I turn the light on my engine dies. I wired the white wire to the positive and grounded it to the frame, the light works if I stay peddeling but when I stop the motor dies.

So does anyone got some tips about the nuts coming loose and a fix to keep my light from killing the engine???

Thanks, G4B....:-||

Ganja420Boy

Jun 11, 2009
Springfield, Tn
They are not stripped and im sure they are locked together because when I get the top nut tight the bottom nut starts to turn too.

Anyways how far should I be able to ride this bike before checking the bolts? 30 minute rides just doesnt seem right because I got a 2 stroke gas scooter and I can ride it for hours and all the nuts are still tight.

DOC BOLM

Aug 21, 2008
Mississippi
You need to put a wrench on both nuts and after they are tight turn them bottom to the left and top to the right at the same time locking them together.HD

city of angels

May 24, 2009
tucson az
i have allen wrech bolts in front of my motor mount and so far no problems and soon i will have the same bolts in th the muffler i think they work great try it and keep us post it

joeml12

Jul 14, 2009
East Providence
I have a 72 spoked rear wheel. Is there a technique to get the rear sprocket installed, on this wheel, as we all know that the spokes block the sprocket holes. Thanks.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
maybe your mag is a cheap one. maybe the light is not hooked up correctly. maybe the light is drawing too much power. either use your light with a battery or get a diffrent light to use with the white wire.

or maybe your engine idle is too low and just turn up your idle and the mag will put out more power for engine and light. try this one first.

reg454

Jan 11, 2009
michigan
Use the battery's not the white wire. You are drawing too much current for your motor to stay alive.

Retmachinist

Oct 21, 2008
Urbandale Ia
I have a 72 spoked rear wheel. Is there a technique to get the rear sprocket installed, on this wheel, as we all know that the spokes block the sprocket holes. Thanks.
It's possible to do, but it's not worth the hassel. I made my own Aluminum sprocket adaptor but it was a real pain in the a** and I still had to bend a few spokes to make it work. I would suggest a standard 36 spoke wheel and save yourself all the head ache's.

John

Attachments