rear suspension's gotta go.

GoldenMotor.com

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
OK, so.. I finally got my rear shock off...

It was nice to find the rear of the bike is only held on by a plastic cap with plastic threads in it. . .

Dual suspension while using the stock left gear drive = BADD just for the record.

I'm planning to just stick a steel tube in it with tire rubber on each end.. (if that works I *should* be able to use the screw adjusters as a chain tensioner.. and ditch the tensioner completely.)

So, now the only problem is, I can't get the spring off without damaging the aluminum threads...
I'm thinking dremel. yeah the disc will shatter and go flying when the springs pops.. but, hack-saw sound more dangerous.. and grinder would probably make alot of heat...

anyway, cutting = current plan.. planning to do it soonish.. try to stop me while you can...
(bike is ->http://motorbicycling.com/f3/next-avalon-jet-80-cc-stealth-8591-2.html over there btw..)

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
no it wont fit on that bike without lots of modifications.
it could be done but would it be worth it.
first of all the 80 is bigger than a 48cc and the 48cc don't even fit right.
someone on the forum got the engine to fit,but not the carb/airfilter or sparkplug and cap and im not even sure about the muffler clearance.
the rear suspension on that bike,you could just leave the spring on and tighten it real tight,cause even with the spring theres little to no movement or shock absorbing when hitting bumps.
but if you want to take the spring off,loosen the nut almost all the way to take the tension off of it and you wont have to worry about it flying off.

Last edited:

noobtard

Apr 25, 2009
PA
uh, CF, I've ridden the bike 2 days now.. guess I need to update my old post a bunch.. was it worth it? no.. not yet anyway... would I recommend anyone else try to mod this bike? No way.

I've popped the chain off at least 4 times into the spokes with the rear spring as tight as it goes + the tensioner on.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
oh ok,i didnt know because your post above was from today too.
well i guess you got the engine on. and i guess you will take the spring off and replace with a piece of pipe.