Centrifugal clutch kit cover clearance

GoldenMotor.com

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
Just out of curiosity for those that have installed a centrifugal clutch kit after grinding the pins flush did you encounter any problems with the cover not clearing the clutch plate? I'm not clearing the clutch plate by a few millimeters even with the 2mm gasket that I just made...I could make another I suppose but stacking gaskets is kind of a hack way to do things IMO.

Maybe I could thin out the clutch pads or clutch plate a little?

Things are never as easy as they seem are they when we deal with these fine made in China items...lol

laff

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
my stock one that came with my engine rubs on the cover(cover did have a couple of dings)but anyway i tried to wack and sand the bumps out but clutch still rubbed so i made a second gasket out of thick cardboard,i think it worked i dont here the scraping noise no more,but its hard to tell with the other noises that come from the clutch area and the engine. it does run good. you dont have to stack gaskets just make one thicker one out of rubber or something. i did stack two ,but i'll replace with one when i can.

i wouldnt do anything to the clutch pads or plate when a simple thick gasket will fix it.

Rockenstein

Feb 8, 2009
Ontario, Canada
I got it scrub free now with a 1mm Felpro paper gasket...pain in the neck thing. I ended up machining a bit off the outer plate and filing the pins more to match the new thickness of the plate. Machining the plate was a real pain as it's a sintered steel and that stuff is just nasty to work with.

I'll post a pic of how it turned out in a bit...