Intro and pics first build

GoldenMotor.com

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
oh, that is a 29" Schwinn Low Glide with close to 300 miles on it so far with an intake manifold extension i made, which seems to have helped to climb the hills here.
My top end on this to date has been 32.8 miles per hour on a flat stretch of road, before installing the intake extension, now the top end is 27 mph with little to no bog climbing these virginia hills :)
I built this mainly for reliability and everyday use around town, which has so far gotten me pulled over and alot of people waving and giving thumbs up lol
that is the stock NT carb and i am waiting on a front disc brake adapter form Manic Mechanic as well the Hub and 44th sprocket assembly :)
all in all this bike has or seems to be really reliable, all that i can say is be prepared to do daily inspections ;)

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
oh again lol
that is the 49 - 66cc mega motor from bikeberry. had one small mishap with an order but they said it will be in in about two weeks :facepalm:
other than that all seemed to go well but i think i will purchase any more parts from MM or a few select others from having perused these forum threads ;)

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
Quick question though. during the break in period i am running about 7.5oz. 2 stroke stihl oil, now afterwards should i cut it down to about 6oz. oil to gas mixture or less??
Not looking for speed, just reliability and endurance on these hills. i ask this because i am nearing 300 miles on this engine and have noticed a bit more smoke coming from the exhaust, my plug gap is set to .026 perhaps a bit more on the .027 side so does this mean i am closer to the end of the break in period and need to cut down the oil in the gasoline mix?

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
sorry, misinformation.
i put a new plug in and forgot to set the gap, completely forgot, after adjusting it from .034 down to .027 everything seems back to normal.

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
Welcome to the forum lbc. Nice looking ride (^)
Thank you Dave :)
that white one you see in the background i purchased for 50 dollars, came complete with 4 broken motor mounts lol so i went ahead and built one like i like it.
Thank you for the welcome, sir :)

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Welcome to the forum, great looking ride you have. On the pre mix, there more threads and posts than you could probably ever read on the subject. We have hills and heat here in Tucson and I try to get all of my customers pre mixing 32 to 1 to start with on normal 2 cycle oil. If they get excessive oil dripping from the exhaust we take small steps to usually around 40 to one, each motor and the loads on them react slightly different. And or you can get into the synthetic oils at thinner mixes. Last thing go absolutely crazy over building whatever way you have your rack mounted. Fenders, racks, anything that can crack from the vibration will and if goes into your wheel the result is a violent crash so be careful and drastically over build. I always say go to the motorcycle shop and look at the fenders and racks, you literally need to build them that strong as these motors even when smooth vibrate just like any motorcycle.
Happy motoring!

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
LandSpeedRecord, thank you for those tips, man i am wanting to ride today but i took my back wheel off in preperation for the hub adapter and sprocket assmebly..i just couldn't wait lol will it hurt the bike if i put a 27.5" wheel from another motorized bike on my 29" schwinn you see above? i'm just wanting to ride today and do not wish to cause any harm to this little china girl as i have just got her around the 300 mile mark and wanted to take her out today, without harming here. i know what you mean though about doing the overbuilds on the rack, i'm going to look into that in the coming weeks as i will be hauling some weight on the back, got her goin up hills pretty good though and that really is all i wanted, speed doesn't do it for me anymore lol i'm into functionality, reliability and durability all coming together as one, after the daily inspections and tightenings though :p
thanks LSR!
LBC

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
As long as the axle spacing is the same you can swap wheels with no issue. The thing that can be a problem is will the brakes line up, if you are running a coaster brake then it doesn't matter just keep in mind 15 to 20 is about as fast as you want to push even a prepped coaster brake. As far as climbing versus speed that's simple gearing. You can get some crazy rear sprockets for these if you want to climb a wall but keeping it nice all around you could run a 48 tooth rear for a good boost in climbing torque while still being ridable.

LBC

Aug 8, 2016
Virginia
Everything seems to be pretty much the same, alright i did it and took her for a short ride with 2 hills and she climbed the hills @ 18mph and sounded like she had more but i didn't want to push her, also on flat ground with this smaller rear wheel top speed was 20.3 but she really sounded like she was starved lol so i backed her down a bit and just cruised at 18, just waiting on the bushings for the MM hub adapter, then i'll put all back to 29er normal ;)
i just wanted to ride lol these things are really addicting and i am finding that out quick :)
Thanks LSR!
LBC