Does JNMotorsBikes Exist?

GoldenMotor.com

aqua zombie

Sep 11, 2012
Athens Ohio
Is JNMotorsBikes For Real! ? ? ?

Or art they scaming me. At risk of getting kicked off this forum I am ready to take matters to an elevated level. I spent cash for service\parts on ther web sight. I have received nothing. I also can not contact them. I have tried several different ways to contact JNMotorsBikes unsucussfully. They are listed in this forums venders ad section. BAWARE. Or is it just me?

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
It appears to be a legitament site. It looks like they are affiliated with a local race track, so they are probably heavy into competition. Maybe there's a big race somewhere that they've gone to. Some of these small operations close their doors for a week or so at a time to attend various races.

aqua zombie

Sep 11, 2012
Athens Ohio
Still nothing. Nada. Zip. Zilch. Zero. This outfit is a joke. I'm out my cash. I'll likely never run into the owner in person as I live in Ohio and they are way out west. Anybody that hears of them traveling here for an event or something and wants to give me a heads up pm I'd appreciate it. ; ) Hope they know sign language, I'm going to explain a few things to the owner with my hands if I get the chance.

aqua zombie

Sep 11, 2012
Athens Ohio
Sort of. I ordered a custom part, which I think they source out the work in stead of doing it in house. After I pulled the trigger on the order, I wanted to contact them and see if I could make sure it was correct for pk80 specific. (dumb on my part, I know) There was a phone number on their sight which I called several times. I left messages and varied the times to get in touch. Finally I got an email from them. They said I was spam, sorry for the mix up. They are still waiting for my part to show up so they can send it to me. (listed in stock when I ordered) I don't mind slow if it equals quality. Even really slow. Maybe I'm just whining to much. Nothing has showed up yet though.

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
Makes sense but communication is key. If they get right back to you and say, the machine shop employee we use broke both his elbows and is in Curacas healing on the beach, we expect him back in the U.S. in two months after which he will probably be three weeks back logged with work then shipping time etc. etc. Well then at least you know what's going on. They have some cool looking stuff that I don't see on other sites so I hope your order works out.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I agree about the communication because if something takes a while to come in when ordered it does become a bit annoying to send emails and get no answers or if they can't be reached by phone etc... I really find it annoying tho when they say something is in stock when it's not and then tell you after they got your money that the stuff is back ordered, it's bad for business when people do that because their customers may use them that one time but look elsewhere next time they buy.

aqua zombie

Sep 11, 2012
Athens Ohio
Update!!! I thought I'd let anyone that has seen this know whats going on. After what seems for ever, and after they finally answered my email, the late and grate news... Absofruitly Nothing! I really hope they do send something though. I am very curious to see what I get for the money and the time. Good, Fast, Cheap. So far this wasn't cheap, or fast. I wasn't going to say what I ordered, but what the hey. 60\80cc ported cylinder. I think I could have done 30 of em my self during the wait. I was curious as to know what the ones out there on the market are like. Should have known better when no questions were asked to your set up, compression ratio, rpm band, exhaust style, riding technique/habits, which piston is going to live in the cylinder, skyhawk or not? Still, I whittle on these things my self, and would really like to know what other people are selling as a product. I haven't seen any internal work first hand personally, and felt the need to get a look. Hmmm... I know, Ill buy one. If the shoe fits..! If not, It goes on one of my "Science Project" engines where we fill the tank with straight nitromethane, take the jet completly out of the carb, put 2 head gaskets on to lower compression, and scatter it from **** to breakfast.

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
Update!!! I thought I'd let anyone that has seen this know whats going on. After what seems for ever, and after they finally answered my email, the late and grate news... Absofruitly Nothing! I really hope they do send something though. I am very curious to see what I get for the money and the time. Good, Fast, Cheap. So far this wasn't cheap, or fast. I wasn't going to say what I ordered, but what the hey. 60\80cc ported cylinder. I think I could have done 30 of em my self during the wait. I was curious as to know what the ones out there on the market are like. Should have known better when no questions were asked to your set up, compression ratio, rpm band, exhaust style, riding technique/habits, which piston is going to live in the cylinder, skyhawk or not? Still, I whittle on these things my self, and would really like to know what other people are selling as a product. I haven't seen any internal work first hand personally, and felt the need to get a look. Hmmm... I know, Ill buy one. If the shoe fits..! If not, It goes on one of my "Science Project" engines where we fill the tank with straight nitromethane, take the jet completly out of the carb, put 2 head gaskets on to lower compression, and scatter it from **** to breakfast.
What????????

Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
You will need a Briggs pulse pump to feed that much nitro methane. And blended with methanol will give much better life..... Make it last long enough to blow up wheel bearings at least ha ha.

Last edited:
Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
I appreciate your negative feedback.
It helps me decide who to spend my hard-earned money with.
I hope this post does not get removed, as I know a recent thread with a different vender indeed got removed. I don't understand why, but I do know censorship when I see it.
You seem to be handling this situation very well.
Almost 30 days and still nothing. WOW.
Now if you decide to conduct your science project for breakfast, please video it and post it on You tube! It would be entertainment at its best!
Good luck, and hope you recover your loss.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I agree about the communication because if something takes a while to come in when ordered it does become a bit annoying to send emails and get no answers.

I really find it annoying tho when they say something is in stock when it's not.
I am just finding out how incredibly difficult it is to manage inventory on a web store.

You pretty much need a full time guy just to handle inventory and shipping.

I admire the way SickBikeParts runs their operation, just 3 guys that do a fantastic job as a team each just handling their part of the business 50 hours a week.

Business/Finance/Internet Site.
Product Development/Research/Tech Support/Repairs.
Inventory Management/Shipping/Notifications/Returns.

I agree communication is key, but you have to cut the small underfunded guys doing it pretty much solo on their own dime a little slack, especially if they went into business to sale something unique like SBP did with their Jackshaft Shifter system and expanded.

In short, in a new world of 'I wanted it yesterday', don't forget that like most of you, they would just as soon get to it tomorrow ;-}

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I'm glad that I'm in a position that I don't need internet parts 'right now'.

Brings to mind something that I read years ago ---- Price, quality, service --- you get to pick only 2 of these. It's a rare situation indeed when you actually get all three.

There have been a couple of vendors for my bike parts that have managed to check all 3 of the boxes.......very satisfied!

Last edited:

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I am just finding out how incredibly difficult it is to manage inventory on a web store.

You pretty much need a full time guy just to handle inventory and shipping.

I admire the way SickBikeParts runs their operation, just 3 guys that do a fantastic job as a team each just handling their part of the business 50 hours a week.

Business/Finance/Internet Site.
Product Development/Research/Tech Support/Repairs.
Inventory Management/Shipping/Notifications/Returns.

I agree communication is key, but you have to cut the small underfunded guys doing it pretty much solo on their own dime a little slack, especially if they went into business to sale something unique like SBP did with their Jackshaft Shifter system and expanded.

In short, in a new world of 'I wanted it yesterday', don't forget that like most of you, they would just as soon get to it tomorrow ;-}
I do agree with this and when it comes to these things especially, you have to buy from the guy who makes these parts in his garage if you want any kind of quality. There is a huge difference between parts that are mass produced in China and parts that have been opened up, inspected, and reworked or made by hand to exacting measurements etc.
The point I'm driving home is that if you don't have something in stock, don't say you got it, if there is any kind of lead time on any item in your online stores, let people know right there in the item description. There are people who build or supply these parts to certain vendors and there are parts the vendor builds on their free time, sometimes they're built, and sometimes they're bought in bulk then kitted up for easy installation etc, but the easiest way to save face is to simply put an "out of stock" flag on any items that are out of stock, and even better to put when the item will be back in stock so people will know when to come back and buy.
I run my own business as well and people in general will hold you to anything you say.... if I tell someone that it's going to take about an hour to do an alignment on their car or truck, they Expect it done in an hour, even if the car is one step away from the junkyard, it doesn't matter, they only hear the time I told them and expect everything to be done in that timeframe. My way around this is by telling them I will call when it's done, and if they choose to sit and wait there while I'm working their car or truck I will let them know if there's any delay whether it's getting the parts on time or its a seized bolt that's gonna set me back, I let them know as soon as I see there's something that's going to prevent me from getting the job done in the amount of time I originally said... most people take it a lot better once it's been communicated that there's something stopping me from finishing the work in the time I told them than trying to work thru the problem without saying anything. If I know there's no way I can even start on a job when they drop off their vehicle, I tell them ahead of time so they can either come back later or arrange other means of transportation. Now if I take in a vehicle and tell them it'll be done by a certain time and I miss that time then they show up to pick up their car or truck and I'm just barely started on it or hadn't even got started on it, they're not going to be happy with me... the whole point is that communication will prevent most problems... and yes it does work both ways. If a customer isn't happy with me or something I did and they come to me about it to let me know there's a problem, the problem won't get fixed by complaining to everyone but me, but when they come to me with the issue it gets taken care of immediately or ASAP.
I have seen it becoming a trend in here tho when there's a problem with a vendor to basically turn it into a public witch hunt before they even contact the vendor with the problem and this won't fix anything, but a quick email or phone call usually gets the problem solved quickly.
And yes, a certain thread was deleted because of this, not because of the issue at hand, but the fact it turned into a public witch hunt before any contact was made to that vendor.
Now if someone contacts a vendor with a problem and they don't answer their phone calls or reply to emails etc, that's just bad for business, and if you're selling a product or service, you definitely can't ignore the phone or emails, if you miss a call, call them back as quick as you can and if you get an emial, reply at least the same day and it'll prevent a lot of unnecessary greif.

mew905

Sep 24, 2012
Moose Jaw
I ordered a Jaguar CDI from JNMotors, it took quite a while and I ended up calling back a few times but it did eventually make it to me. But I'm pretty sure they do source the parts elsewhere and order them as needed. That means shipping to them + shipping to you. I don't order from them anymore because the shipping takes too long... and they're higher priced vs everyone else usually.

aqua zombie

Sep 11, 2012
Athens Ohio
I talked to somebody on the phone at jnm finally. I took a polite and neutral approach as It was the first contact I have had with them other than my transaction and an email. They were extremely friendly and quite candid with info on their performance. They seem legit. They say that they are very backed up on production, and assured me that I am not forgot. They source machine work out of a few different places and seem to be evolving in performance. I hope they get it together on their buisness end. I still have yet to see anything from them. I can wait. (I have since preped my own top end) As long as they are legit, all I need Is that bit of closure to know that they are there, doing what they got to do. This might be a bit long for others who need/want their products. Of course I can't wait for ever though. But I hope they pull through so I can give a review of what they have to offer for a product that I have been paitently waiting for.
(Sort of paitent I guess)

Easy Rider

Santa Cruz Scooter Works
Jan 15, 2008
Nor*Cal
I remember reading this thread almost two months ago. I can't believe this business hasn't given your money back and they can't be that good if they're out sourcing their work.
You'd be better off asking for a refund and buying a quality Fred Head.

aqua zombie

Sep 11, 2012
Athens Ohio
Update: Checked my email this morning and according to JMN the product is in the mail. Ill check the tracking and get an eta, I didnt have time this morning to go over it all. Pic heavy posts to come if this comes through.

Legwon

Mar 2, 2013
Van bc Canada
i havnt dealt with JMN in many of moon. about 3 yrs ago...
but when i was, they were on the ball and had things done. also granted Warranty without issue.

this here is not the first time since then that ive heard things about them.
its unfortunate they have gone this route. they used to be great!

hope you get this sorted out Aqua.