another canadian

GoldenMotor.com

thetorontolens

Mar 4, 2014
canada
hello to all
i am a FOG (fat old guy ) from toronto canada
i just purchased a felt mp bicycle ( the older model ) my first cruiser
i am disabled and have a mobility scooter but i feel like an idiot on it so i am going to get my mp motorized here in toronto
i am not mechanical in any way lol
so i will have it built by someone else
i am here to learn and see what i need to know so i
dont get ripped off and so i know the best upgrades and such

Last edited:

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
lol welcome to our crazy world of motorized bicycles. its a great hobby that is like the fountain of youth to a lot of us, we have lots of members from canada and maybe one of them would like to help you. great to have you with us, i have b to ad to fog fat old and bald lol.

sublunacy

Sep 12, 2013
ontario
hello. nice bike too. 2 or 4 stroke. do u have special needs. i cant comment on 50cc 4 strokes but the 2 strokes are ALOT of work. and fun.

l8r

thetorontolens

Mar 4, 2014
canada
ya i am leaning towards a 4 stroke i am not looking for real high speed i am not a tinkerer so i want something reliable
my special needs is i can't walk much lol due to pain
so looking for something i can get around on
easy to maintain and reliable
did i say reliable

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
in my experience between 2 and 4 strokes is the 4 strokes require a lot less maintenance. i think the reason for that is way less vibration.

bluegoatwoods

Jul 29, 2012
Central Illinois
Welcome aboard.

I do hope your disability isn't the type that would affect your balance or ability to handle the bike at low speeds, where they can be a bit clumsy. But I suppose you'll already have considered this.

And I hope you're able to do some basic bicycle maintenance. It's really all but necessary for the owner/operator to do some of this sort of stuff. Otherwise you're dead in the water too much of the time.

I don't mean to be discouraging. It's meant more as a 'heads up'. But if these things won't be a problem, then you're very likely to have a blast.

sublunacy

Sep 12, 2013
ontario
friction drive subaru/robin or greater should do it for first build. get front brakes too. is there a predator 50cc? i dont think so?

thetorontolens

Mar 4, 2014
canada
i am hoping somewhere on here i will find a builder located in and around toronto that deals with the 4 strokes all i can find is a couple of guys who install the 2's

thetorontolens

Mar 4, 2014
canada
check this thread out and you can search the part of canada you live in and probably find another motorized bicycle rider that would probably give you a hand. hope this helps
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=17792
ya i did that but no one from toronto who has posted in the last 2 years lol
unless sublunacy is near me not sure if he is from ontario canada or ontario California

now here is the funny part
Ontario canada is ontario ca.
and the cali one is ontario ca.

thetorontolens

Mar 4, 2014
canada
thanks for the advice i have almost decided on a 4 stroke from golden eagle
and my roomate has offered to help me since i have to left thumbs lol
now i just have to make sure it will fit/work on my felt mp