Broken Intake stud

GoldenMotor.com

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
Thought I would share this with you guys....

Hi Billy,

Thank you for your reply. We can certainly help and replace the engine for you, however because your warranty on the engine has long expired we can only replace your engine if you pay for the shipping both ways. In order to exchange the engine, please ship only the engine to the following address:

Niche Webstores
RMA# 380075406973
18402 Stonegate Ln.
Rowland Heights, CA 91748

Please include with the package a copy of this email as well as money order payment of $20.00 to cover the cost of shipping for the new engine. As soon as we receive the engine from you we will process the warranty claim and ship you a new engine. Please let us know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Best Regards,
BikeBerry.com Support Team

Billy Eason wrote:
I need a new engine ive already replaced all the faulty parts before the stud broke. With the stud broke theres no way to bolt on the intake and its good for nothing but a paperweight now. I cant drill the stud out because theres not enough room on the engines cast to replace it with a bigger bolt, if i did drill it out and retap it. Theres really nothing I can do. This engines barely got 100 miles on it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To: Billy Eason <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, December 7, 2008 3:04:18 PM
Subject: Re: Contact from Bike Berry.com: Sales: Faulty engine kit hardware has ruined my 80cc(Urgent)

Hi Billy,

Thank you for contacting us at BikeBerry.com. I'm sorry to hear about the problems you are having with this kit. If you can provide us with a complete list of all of the parts you need to get back up running, we can certainly see what we can do about getting these parts for you. Although you are past the warranty period for your engine, we can see what we can do to help you.

Best Regards,
BikeBerry.com Support Team

Billy Eason wrote:
> Sales: Faulty engine kit hardware has ruined my 80cc
>
> In october I purchased one of your engine kits from Mini Trade USA on ebay. Item number 380075406973. The first problem I had was the tensioner breaking, leaving me stranded, the second was the carb gaskets leaking and third the clutch lever pin came out causing me to again have to park the bike for yet another week. When the pin cam out it was chewed up ny the chain and I lost the clutch lever completly as a result. Finally while doing some work on the carb, one of my intake studs broke off in the engine completly. I am a mechanic and no how much torque to put on small threaded bolts like those. It broke with very litte force at all.
>
> This has all been documented on motorbicycling.com. Under the screename Ibcnya, I have used this forum to find source parts for the ones that keep breaking.
>
> I am very disspleased with the quality of your product and now have a bike setup for a engine with no engine to run it.
>

ibcnya

Oct 29, 2008
Concord NC
I managed to drill a hole on the broken stud, it went all the way through it. Applied a extractor bit to the hole in the stud and the extractor broke off in the stud...bummer...tried to drill the extractor out but its alot harder than the Mac tool bit we had and well itll make a nice paperweight, and also a nice reminder of why im not riding my bike around.:ride: