Introduction are due

GoldenMotor.com

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
I live in San Clemente Ca. I have been riding my bike for several years and finally created an account. Thanks for having this forum it has helped me build and keep my MB running. There is a wealth of knowledge here and I hope i can add to it. Soon I will do a write up on my turn signals and electrical set up. If I can help just ask.
Tim
P.S I like group rides
usflg

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Hey Tim,
It was fun riding with you again on the last SD group ride...maybe we can do a ride up San Clemente way one day soon.

And I forgot to ask you.......do you own a Unimog? A minimog? A bullfrog? laff

Pizza, beer and 4-strokes.....you know we like em'!

dnut

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
There was a car/bike/wheels show here years ago with a mud run. All the hot snot racers were charging in and having to be towed out. Some bloke turns up with a Unimog, stuck it in low, 4wd, diffs locked, sat back and read the paper until it came out the other end.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Where cattle outnumber people 3 to 1.
unimog- Welcome! I'm new as well, and look foward to seeing your electrical info. What discussion I've seen doesn't seem very promising. I picked up car stereo installation because everyone thought it was so difficult they avoided it. I'm hoping gas bike electric is the same sort of thing. Thanks

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
Scotto I only wish I had a Mog to crush all the others with. Just imagine running 44" on portal axles. with about 12-18" under the dif. Now you got me dreaming.
Trey the electrical is supper easy if you want it to be or hard if you want it to be. Basics: power source (battery), swich, relay( if needed turn signals), lights. Connect with wire, hide wire and enjoy. maybe a fuse inline if you like.
brnot

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
Yeah, I'd like a head light and tail light without a battery, but it seems that it gets complicated that direction. I really need to do some home-work before I get too chatty. Thanks, I'll be paying attention to how it goes.

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
Hey I think Pirate Cycles is making something that can work for you. It might be worth looking into.

Trey

$50 Cruiser
Jan 17, 2013
unimog- I took a look and yes, that, or something equivalent. I admit I stole my bike for $50, but I didn't know it at the time, and had I have had to pay $600 for my bike, I would not own it. In more than one part of this country $600 will get you a beat up car that will go to and from relatively dependably. $600 will buy you a brand new top brand pistol, or pay half your mortage, or somewhere out there that's rent twice... My point is that this is a somewhat expensive thing to do, surprisingly. Sorry. Thanks for the reference. I look forward to watching your progress on the lighting. I've ridden my bike three times now and it's hella fun!

unimog

Dec 14, 2012
The bikes are a lot of fun. Yes, prefabbed items can be expensive but you pay for the R&D. No need to knock were I live. I look forward to see what you come up with.