Brake adjustment

GoldenMotor.com

BCD

Aug 8, 2008
I just got an Industrial from SpookyTooth. Great Fun!. I'm wondering about the coaster brake. It will stop me, but it's a slow process. I can't stop very quickly. Any hints, thoughts or gotchas about adjusting the coaster brake to stop me better (besides losing weight :) )?

OSCAR383

Jul 22, 2008
WEST FRANKFORT, IL
I just got an Industrial from SpookyTooth. Great Fun!. I'm wondering about the coaster brake. It will stop me, but it's a slow process. I can't stop very quickly. Any hints, thoughts or gotchas about adjusting the coaster brake to stop me better (besides losing weight :) )?
THERES ALWAYS NOT GOING AS FAST. BUT THATS NOT GONNA HAPPEN EITHER

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
I have been using just my coaster brake for five years and had no problems. Yes, it does not stop very quickly but, I have always been able to stop in time.

Just recently I added caliper brakes to my front, getting ready for some serious down hill mountain riding. It was very simple to add and only took a few minutes.

The only thing I had to do was pinch my front fender a bit to give the clearance that I needed.

If you want to stop better...you really have no option other then to add a front brake.