hello from palmdale, ca

GoldenMotor.com

wkkinc2000

Jul 24, 2010
palmdale
hello my name is nate. im an aspiring tattoo artist out of palmdale, ca. my freind just gave me an occ stingray chopper and i was thinking about putting a motor on it. ive seen motorized bikes on the internet but ive never actually got into it tell he gave me the chopper. i have no idea what it takes to make one but i do know that i can build one. i see a motor bicycle build as an art form and art is a way of life for me. so any help that you have to offer is welcome. thank susflg

things i know i would like to do:

ape hangers
& gears for climbing hills

thats all i can think of for now...

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
Welcome to the forum. To mount a 2 stroke in the stingray chopper frame, you will either need to do some welding or get a chopper engine mount plate from one of our sponsors or on EBAY. You will also probably need offset engine mounts so that your chain will clear the fat rear tire. You can make them or buy them. Check out the photo gallery to see how others did it.
Mounting an engine in a chopper bike requires some extra work and parts, but they look great.

Last edited:

FIREBIKE

Jul 17, 2015
PALMDALE
Hay Nate, This is Joel, I've done the Schwinn motorized build twice. Three build's of motorized bike's so far, number 1 was a mountain bike, build's 2-3 where Schwinn low rider Stingray's. I'm about to build #4 That will be for sale.
I'm seeing that your in the area, I like to build thing's and would love a riding partner, once your tuned in and ripping.
WHat I'm saying is, I can help you get you Schwinn going and maybe, Since I don't know the A.V. since I arrived in DEC. you could maybe go for a cruise and show me, cool stuff about this dusty city.
I also would like to return to experimenting with H2O, modification's for speed and mileage increase.
Have a Small Electrolysis cell, already made, used it for awhile, but got work through some detail's to getting it to work well on my wheel's.auflg

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
New members are prone to opening old threads. That's okay, because sometimes there is new information to be had for a specific subject. Nevertheless this thread is going on 5 years old and the OP, original poster, only made two posts.

Always check the original thread date when responding. It is located at the extreme upper left hand side of the post window.

Tom