Hi all. 1st post and looking for advice.

GoldenMotor.com

Bic Daddy

May 25, 2010
North Carolina
I probably should read through all the threads as I am sure I could find my answers however I am little excited here and want to get moving. First, I am 40 and live in a coastal beach resort in NC. My wife and I try to ride everywhere and love biking. I have been thinking about getting a motorized bike for a long time and am ready to pull the trigger.

These are my questions.

I have a thick framed Trek, will there be any trouble finding an engine for this?

I really don’t know too many differences between the 2 stoke and 4 stroke but I can say that I am not overly concerned with speed, 25 mph is plenty for what I am doing. I am concerned about the noise level. Which engine is going to make the least amount of noise?

Which engine is the most reliable?

This may seem silly but I really don’t like the large gas tank, do they make after market tanks that are smaller in size?

I guess I would like my bike to continuing looking like a bike as much as possible. I figure the more it looks like a moped, the more I may have encounters with the law.

Are they hard to assemble?

I will stop here for now but I do appreciate your help in advance.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
1. not that hard. find a kit that has the large frame mount, or one of the dealers on the sides can help you out.

2.4 strokes seem quieter.

3.this is an impossible question to answer. 4strokers will say 4's, and 2 smokers will say 2's. i say mine is the most reliable. but you can't have it.

4. yes.

5.not a question, so i'll just say, "ok."

6.that all depends on whether you know the difference between a hammer and a 10mm wrench.

7. you're welcome. :)

Bic Daddy

May 25, 2010
North Carolina
Thank you for the quick response, I have a couple more if you don't mind.

1. Can you still pedal my bike with engine running or at least appear to pedal it?

2. Does the added weight make it difficult to to pedal the bike when the engine is off?

3. I seem to only see bikes that are 3 speed, 10 speed etc...Can just a regular old cruiser be converted?

Alajoyn

Sep 28, 2009
Portage, MI
Howdy,
Answers so yer not left hangin'

1 yes
2 no
3 yes

Read the stickies the felas have posted. Go to Norms area for tech help.
Welcome to the forum.

Robert

MotorbikeMike

Dealer
Dec 29, 2007
Sacramento
Hi, if you are near Manns Harbor, you should get in touch with Quenton Gunther. He has a nice converted Cruiser with a 4-stroke EZM drive in it, all automatic drive, and can be pedaled also.

Mike