Hello from Pennsylvania

GoldenMotor.com

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Next Update- the air filter was loose, so I tightened that down- that solved a lot of problems. My neighbor had an extra carburetor from a snowmobile that had a much smaller jet that fit my carb, so we put that in. Now, I think it's a bit lean because there's still some problems. When I started it, I had the choke up. Then I put it down half, then all the way down and drove it for maybe 15-20 minutes. Then, when I opened the throttle, it either bogged down or was too lean(I'm not sure which). I drove it some more, and it stopped combusting. I put the choke almost all the way up, and it ran okay, but had low power and wouldn't go fast. So, I think it's too lean(with the needle all the way up)- the spark plug is light tan- not normal tan. My question is- what's a good size to drill the jet or buy a jet? .75mm? I took out the baffle and converter from the pipe, so it needs to be richer- Thanks anyone!!

Last edited:

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
It seems that the jet is a bit too small- in cold weather- 65* or lower- it needs to have the choke on to run. in hot weather, it runs normal. Therefore, my conclusion is that it's too lean. I hear that .70mm is stock jet size, so sometime I'll go for a .74mm.

BTW it's gettin' close to jbcruisins rally- hopefully I can still go!!!

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
Update
Woohoo- just ordered a hd shift kit(with adapters for my one peice crank), new fuel valve(mine broke), and a performance spark plug wire. I also put in a comment to please switch the 10-tooth sprocket for the 9-tooth.

Also- I have several more hours of welding to finish my heavy duty, 2-wheeled cart.

Now, I have to take my wheel to the bike shop since the idler went into the spokes(again) only bent a few.

-Stevo

stevolandis

Feb 20, 2010
NE Pennsylvania
The kit came in a few days ago, and I put it together. Of course, I messed up. I put the big sprocket on the inside of the freewheel, not the outside. This caused a bunch of other problems. I contacted Jim at SBP, and he's sorting me out. Since the bearing mount plate bent(my fault) he's even sending me a new one! By the rally(Hopefully i go) it should be ready.

Attachments