Mods I'm making to make this thing a bit safer/ reliable

GoldenMotor.com

Screws

Aug 10, 2009
Baltimore, MD (Hampden)
Sooo......

I've had a spooky barebones for a few months now, but it's been out of service for most of that time. First, I sawed the exhaust off after frustration from it rubbing and then shredding the exhaust gasket- running an open header increased vibration and shook the shaky makeshift front motor mount apart. Then I let a girl I was sweet on ride it, and she wadded it up against the side of a house (bent forks). After I got that straightened away, I was riding around, and just started to get frustrated with the chain rub on the tire and the noise from the open header.

So I redlined it. Got on this forum, did some digging, and purchased the following:

-Reliable front motor mount;
-Hub mounted sprocket;
-A proper exhaust;
-Copper exhaust gasket.

I purchased instead of home-making the fixes because it's easier for me to work a few hours of overtime at work and contribute to some of these businesses than it is for me to JAFO something together. Time management's key when you're an impatient ADHD boob.

I'm installing all but the hub mount today; the hub mount has to be custom made for my hub and has yet to arrive. The entire list of fixes set me back around $125 beans- not bad for what I hope will make my moto-bicycle a little more reliable, safe, and fun.

I'll report back with the result. Anyone else had to go through this length to get things right?

-Screws

Comrade Alfonzo

Jul 15, 2009
Whidbey Island, WA
I am also having troubles that are frustrating, wasn't enough room on first bike=1.5months and $150 to get a 1973 Schwinn Suburban+tires and tubes, torqued brake cable bolt=3days and $1.5 to get/ install, had to drill bigger hole, wheel flange to big on rear wheel=2weeks and $30 to get new wheel, can't get gear set off the old wheel on too the new one= not sure how much $ but it's attached with black magic, I'm gonna have to call the bike shop again. :-||laffscratg.spr..kick2

drhofferber

Jun 22, 2008
I am also having troubles that are frustrating, wasn't enough room on first bike=1.5months and $150 to get a 1973 Schwinn Suburban+tires and tubes, torqued brake cable bolt=3days and $1.5 to get/ install, had to drill bigger hole, wheel flange to big on rear wheel=2weeks and $30 to get new wheel, can't get gear set off the old wheel on too the new one= not sure how much $ but it's attached with black magic, I'm gonna have to call the bike shop again. :-||laffscratg.spr..kick2
Nice place to ride...Get it fixed...did my marine reserve meetings there in the 60s...need help just howler...Dennis...one at a time..ha