2nd Build Up and Running

GoldenMotor.com

LincolnMercury

Oct 28, 2008
Oxford, FL
I mounted a powershopking slant head 80cc motor into a front suspension hardtail moutain bike. From bare frame and fork to running MB in 6 1/2 hours. The motor; from Zoombicycles.com; started in the first 5 feet. The rear sprocket is dished, and the general fit and finish of everything seems better than my first engine from these guys. I took it for a quick spin around the block and all I have to say is: D**N you Sick Bike Parts and your cursed shifter kit! I kept trying to twist the left foam grip to shift gears when the bike peaked at 22 MPH. lol. I will be buying a shift kit in the next month. To that end I think I am going to part with my Sun EZ Sport frameset. Will post in the wanted and for sale portion of this forum. Until then, I built this MB just to break in the motor. I intend to put it in a stretch cruiser with clip on bars, ala board track racer... only longer and lower. More like a drag bike. With a shifter kit. Things I learned from this build. Having all your tools available with replacement engine and mounting bolts is key. Working on a new, CLEAN engine is better than one that is greasy. Locktite is my friend. Having a suspension fork smoothes the road out until the hardtail kicks me in the butt. I am hooked on Motorized Bicycles!

LincolnMercury

Oct 28, 2008
Oxford, FL
here are pics... first 2 are of the 2nd build; I am running it as a single speed (no rear derailluer) and with only the front brake. The tires are 1.25" slicks from performance bicycle... I think I am going to use the 2" Bell road tire I have on my original ride. The 3rd is of my original SBP shifter MB @ bike night @ Loco's; a local resturant.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
Lookin' good LM. Really like the bags over the front. Gonna think about that. Doubles cargo capacity.

LincolnMercury

Oct 28, 2008
Oxford, FL
Lookin' good LM. Really like the bags over the front. Gonna think about that. Doubles cargo capacity.
I carry a 300 amp Black and Decker Jump Start pack to power the Walmart driving lights and my toolset. About 25 to 35 pounds. A secondary advantage, in addition to cargo capacity, is the weight steadies the bike. I do not get blown around by semi's, cars, trucks or the warm gulf breezes. Also, it makes it look utilitarian; when I am cruising @ 35-40 mph. The constabulary do not give me a second look.