Bad Experience with GASBIKE.NET - Buyer Beware

GoldenMotor.com
Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Ive placed numerous orders with gasbike.net over the past few months. Looks like I spent over $300 with them recently, and still need a lot more!

I have 4 items that were not needed and I wanted to return them.

Gasbike.net requires you to call and get a (RMA) return merchandise authorization number prior to a return.

So I called their toll-free number on several occasions, and was never able to get ahold of a real person.

Today, I tried again , and sat through about 5 minutes of music, and finally someone answered the phone!

I was told that I was 2 days out of their return period, and that I could NOT return the items!

Looks like GasBike.net will not be getting any more of my future orders.

I just want to warn people, so they don't make the same mistake that I did.

NO MORE ORDERS FROM GASBIKE.NET

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
I don't know if I would condemn them for that one. IF there is something wrong with an item and they take it back, ok.
IF a customer orders the wrong parts or something, without any pressure from them, then waits a while to return them, that puts the store in a bad spot.
They shouldn't sell the returns as new parts, their supplier doesn't want them back, so they lose the cost of the parts and the cost/time spent in handling them.

It would be great if they would take them back, but I can understand their time rule.
You could sell the parts on here and defray your losses that way.
I have a box full of junk I bought but ended up not using, or changing out after short use. I wrote it off to my being dumb and let it go.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
Yeah, I got ripped by them a few years ago, placed an order for a bottom end, top end and a wide crank kit, never received the wide crank kit, disputed the transaction with paypal and they didn't even get me money back, it was 4 or 5 years ago and I'm still kinda sore about it, never ordered from them again after that.

dtv5403

May 4, 2015
USA
I disagree, he tried to get through several times and when they finally answered their phone it was too late for him, they have a terrible reputation for not answering their phones and terrible customer service. They must grease a lot of palms because they've been reported to the BBB and nothing has been done.

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Oh, I get it. They dodged him until the time ran out.
That does have a bearing on the case.

I did a couple years selling retail. I may be biased. haha

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Slogger- These parts are brand new, never used, and absolutely resalable.

DTV- I have 4 parts that need to be returned, 3 rubber cushions at $10 each, and 1 WIDE CRANK KIT!

I ordered a wide crank kit without conversion. Once I had it in my hand, I realized I needed a conversion kit. They don't sell it seperatly, so I ordered the wide crank kit with conversion.

All parts are like brand new.

When I order parts, I like to continue ordering from the same company. Its just a little quirk I have. I guess I am what youd call a LOYAL customer. But now that Ive received crappy customer service, and can not talk to anyone when I attempt to call to get a silly RMA, Its time that I find a new vendor to become LOYAL with.

NO MORE BUSINESS WITH GASBIKE.NET

JoeMetro

May 4, 2014
California
I concur!

I ordered a 49cc Huasheng 142F from them, the payment went through, but I never got the engine.

I called them multiple times, it was always the same guy, who would never help me out. I kept asking for a supervisor but he kept saying it was just him.

GASBIKE/KING's MOTORBIKES = No good!

Slogger

Sep 8, 2014
nohio
Paid for an engine and got nuthin!
Ok, I'm with ya'll now. That's criminal, we call it stealing.
Down with GASBIKE.

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Ordered 6/8/15
Shipped 6/10/15 (their web site states: "Next Day Shipping guaranteed" )
Received 6/16/15
Denied return by gasbike.net on 7/9/15
Paypal dispute started on 7/9/15
Items returned 7/9/15
Waiting on gasbike.net to receive items and honor refund, on behalf of the paypal dispute.
I am also looking around and all my other more recent purchases, that I will return as a result of poor customer service from gasbike.net!
Also shopping around for a new motorized bicycle vendor that has fair prices and excellent customer service!

On a lighter note, Id like to thank Paypal and its excellent customer service!

Jul 5, 2015
Santa Barbara, CA
I recently ordered a 66cc engine kit from californiamotorbikes.com, and i received it with the box badly damaged and then coated in packing tape. Once i opened the box i found that the wrist pin was missing, and one of the piston rings was broken. Called customer service and no answer, emailed with no answer, and then 5 days later i got a short, badly composed and rude email stating that they would send a wrist pin, but they were very rude about the piston ring, stating that i must have broken it. I sent back an email with my shipping address, and 4 days later no response. Not ordering from them again. So thats the end of my little rant, and the point was i was thinking of ordering from gasbike.net and now i will not.

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
I've not had a single issue with any of the vendors concerning my motorized bike....

Sick Bike Parts ---- great!

Pistonbikes ---- great!

JNM ---- great!

Niagra Cycles ---- great!

Mapbike ---- great!

Motorbicycleracing ---- great!

Turbobuick1 ---- great!

Mzmiami ---- great!

boygoesfast ---- great!

And, I'm sure there's more. Guess I'm lucky in who I deal with......

Best of luck in getting your issues resolved.

Last edited:
Dec 11, 2014
Tucson
I deal with gasbike for the prices but figure it's a little like Vegas ha ha. They are simply a warehouse that orders pallets of motors and parts from China. Speaking of Vegas I would bet a piston that no one working there rides a gas bike. I have only heard one complaint about thatsdax and they are probably the best vendor in the reasonable price category. I'm ordering more motors soon and sure wish I had more faith. I think the answer may be to go to China myself.

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
Thanks guys for the helpful advice on choosing a new vendor.
I usually stick with 1 company, to keep things simple.
I realize that 1 vendor is not going to have everything I might ever need, but I try to do the bulk of my buying with one vendor.
I plan on researching this "swap shop" section in detail, in the near future, to help with my decision.
Thanks for your advice!
Alan

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
I've only used gas bike once and got the parts quickly, no problem there but I've also heard several horror stories about people getting damaged parts, not getting the parts at all, and a total lack of customer service. I don't buy from them unless there's no other option since I already know it's a gamble anytime I do order from them. I like Dax best since customer service is very good, their parts come to me well packaged and never damaged. I did get a bottom end from him about a year ago with a dead mag coil but that was quickly replaced. Other really good sellers are Venice motorbikes, rose326 on ebay, sick bike parts, juice moto parts, jnm, jake's, and mzmiami on ebay. Boy goes fast / bgf motor on ebay is usually pretty good too but same thing, I've never had a problem with him but others have.
it's always best to deal with only the reputable vendors with known good customer service and known good products, but sometimes some of these other vendors have the parts nobody else has when you need a certain part and there's no other choice but to take the risk and buy from them or wait until a reputable vendor has the parts needed again, then ya just gotta decide whether to take the risk, try buying from an unknown vendor which is also risky, or wait for a reputable vendor, but ya might need to wait quite a while depending on what it is you need... I had to wait months for Dax to start selling bottom ends again since I didn't trust the others who had them in stock, but there's a night and day difference in quality and smoothness, not to mention customer service... I've also called or emailed these better vendors to get the parts I need and they've come thru for me most the time.

Aug 17, 2011
Springfield IL.
UPDATE!

I initiated a paypal dispute with gasbike.net on parts that I returned to them.
Today, paypal took my side with the matter, and issued a full refund!

Ordered parts from gasbike.net on 6/8/15
Shipped 6/10/15 (their web site states: "Next Day Shipping guaranteed" )
I Received parts on 6/16/15
I was denied a return on 3 of the parts by gasbike.net on 7/9/15
I returned the parts on 7/9/15
I initiated a Paypal dispute on 7/9/15
I received a full refund, thanks to paypal, on 7/23/15 !

Id like to thank Paypal and its excellent customer service!

And no more orders for gasbike.net due to their horrible return policy and poor customer service!

allen standley

Oct 22, 2011
Bangor, Maine
Always go with who you know...when possible. In the early days I had my first bad purchase exp. thru Gas Bike. No need to go there---I have found Duane @ Thats dax and Jake's MB to be my places to go for all my MB needs. I can call either of them and talk to them. Service is EXCELLENT with both.

Skyking

Aug 22, 2014
North Central Texas
I've had excellent service from BikeBerry. Another excellent site that I haven't seen on this site, is Treatland.TV. He' mostly deals with moped stuff, but he has a very wide selection of items that easily crossover to bicycles, or even motorcycles. I've never tried GasBike because of the bad rep he has with this sites members.

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Gotta agree about treatland.tv... they got some killer pipes that can easily be welded to a header and fitted up to a bicycle for extra performance the modified pocketbike pipes just can't deliver on... and to make the deal even sweeter, Fred sells a "firebreather" exhaust adapter kit on his site crmachine.com that makes installing a treatland or a kx pipe a breeze... no more restriction at the flange area with this combo....
Anyone who has dealt with Fred has to admit he does make some excellent stuff and sends it out very quickly once the money is sent.
I've only bought a few items from Fred but every time the stuff has got to me quickly and the quality is definitely there.
An excellent combo for a really fast engine means dealing with Duane from thatxdax.com for a solid vibration free bottom end, Fred from crmachine.com for the best heads available and the firebreather exhaust adapters for the kx or treatland pipes, and treatland.tv for the pipes, puch heads, bigger carbs, reed setups, and much much more.
I would recommend any of these 3 vendors to anyone serious about building a fast engine that'll also last.