spark plug options?

GoldenMotor.com

gnarlshark

Dec 23, 2008
Austin Tx
Has anyone used a Bosch w8ac or w8ap spark plug in their chinese 2 stroke? I noticed that they are listed as being equivalent in their application in cars such as the 1963 corvair and early 70's volkswagons. I would appreciate any insight but I'm going to try it anyway so I'll let you all know how it works out..xx.

gnarlshark

Dec 23, 2008
Austin Tx
sorry it took me so long to get back... I got a bosch wr8ap spark plug and it works great. It is a little longer than the stock plug. However after taking off the head I realized it is the right length and the stock plug was too short! This increases compression and man can I feel it when I twist the throttle. Having a platinum tip should greatly increase life as well. But, hey it was only $3.00 so replacement is less than a cheeseburger and fries. HIGHLY RECOMMENDED! By the way... the"R" in the part number refers to a suppression resistor that insulates the spark from the rest of the electrical system. It doesn't really do anything on these bikes but it doesn't seem to hurt and this plug is available at any auto parts store. Ask for a spark plug for a '63 Chevrolet Corvair.