Looking for good a set of the triple tree fork for 26"

GoldenMotor.com

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Not sure if you're looking for a shock fork or rigid, if you're looking for shock, Search ebay for "RST double crown fork":

This one is up there right now, and I actually bought the same fork from the same seller (disc brake mounts too):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RST-dual-crown-mountain-bike-fork-1-1-8-threadless-/261502354316?pt=US_Forks&hash=item3ce2c1438c

IMO, worth every penny of sale price, I'm actually considering picking up another. The RST forks have replaceable steerer tubes for pretty cheap ($13), I swapped mine out for a longer tube to fit my GT2A frame. Here's what it looks like on my build (I painted it, was black metallic):

DDbike

May 5, 2014
Johnson City, TN
I bought a springer fork to fit my onex last month. It is called a Kuda Springer and they sell an add on kit.

Total piece of junk ...... bought from "Bicycle Designer" . forks don't fit my onex as they advertised it would .... had to buy new rockers from someone else ....

.... sending the Kudas back ...... very flimsy metal ..... sent Bicycle Designer photos of the springers not fitting .... they could not "man up" .... and admit they are misleading folks ....

..I am ditching springers ..... and looking for a good suspension fork for my 29 .....

Toothy

Mar 25, 2014
San Diego
Not sure if you're looking for a shock fork or rigid, if you're looking for shock, Search ebay for "RST double crown fork":

This one is up there right now, and I actually bought the same fork from the same seller (disc brake mounts too):
http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-RST-dual-crown-mountain-bike-fork-1-1-8-threadless-/261502354316?pt=US_Forks&hash=item3ce2c1438c

IMO, worth every penny of sale price, I'm actually considering picking up another. The RST forks have replaceable steerer tubes for pretty cheap ($13), I swapped mine out for a longer tube to fit my GT2A frame. Here's what it looks like on my build (I painted it, was

Looks sweet. Does it make a big difference ride wise?

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Looks sweet. Does it make a big difference ride wise?
I'm very happy with the ride, really soaks up road buzz and bumps. For a straight pedal bike it would be a little soft and would bob if you were to stand and pedal up a hill or something, but it's sweet for motoring when you're mostly seated.

Toothy

Mar 25, 2014
San Diego

IMO, worth every penny of sale price, I'm actually considering picking up another. The RST forks have replaceable steerer tubes for pretty cheap ($13), I swapped mine out for a longer tube to fit my GT2A frame. Here's what it looks like on my build (I painted it, was black metallic):

Where did you get the replacement tube from.? You have other pics of ur bike.....nice ride.

Last edited:

Toothy

Mar 25, 2014
San Diego
Thanks.....I'm new to this set up. What other hardware do you need to put it together? I will be putting in a gooseneck. Also how do you determine what steerer tube you will need?

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Thanks.....I'm new to this set up. What other hardware do you need to put it together? I will be putting in a gooseneck. Also how do you determine what steerer tube you will need?
If by gooseneck you mean a quill stem, you would need to get one of the threaded versions of the steerer. That would go along with a threaded headset. Size of both are determined by your frame. Do you know the size of your head tube? What model bike frame are you working with?

Toothy

Mar 25, 2014
San Diego
I guess that's what I already have. My bike is a no name paint over job. I guess I will have to buy some calipers and measure it. What do you have? A close up shot would be appreciated. I will upload a couple of pics.

Last edited:

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Yup that's a quill stem and my eye is guessing 1" steerer size, but you'll definitely want to measure to be sure. Putting that RST fork on that would be trickier, but you may still be able to do it. What you would need would be a 1" threaded steerer, for the right length of the headtube, headset, and upper crown stack height. The trouble with a 1" steerer is that that fork is a 1 1/8" size so you would need to use a shim on the crown race and the upper crown for the smaller size. Might get hard to find a shim of the right stack height. You may want to take this question to the Wheels, Brakes, & Suspension topic area to get more eyeballs on it.

Gp masta

Apr 17, 2014
Miami, Florida

Well I got the same forks today. What bearing did you use on the fork to make it work???

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Depends on your frame. If you are building a GT2A, those have a semi-integrated headset that's included with the frame that is compatible, if you're building something else that's standard 1 1/8", then any regular threadless 1 1/8" headset will work with it out of the box as well. Let me know what kind of frame you are building up and I can be more specific if you need.

Gp masta

Apr 17, 2014
Miami, Florida
Depends on your frame. If you are building a GT2A, those have a semi-integrated headset that's included with the frame that is compatible, if you're building something else that's standard 1 1/8", then any regular threadless 1 1/8" headset will work with it out of the box as well. Let me know what kind of frame you are building up and I can be more specific if you need.
Iam building a GT2A frame

knightscape

Jul 29, 2013
Maine
Yup, you're good with the included semi-integrated headset then. If you haven't done it before you can see the general steps in my build album, this link will drop you into the album in the bit about the headset:
http://imgur.com/a/mGaHb#wZo7dAz

One note though, I did need to change out the steerer in the fork for a longer replacement from RST.