Item Subeject

GoldenMotor.com

Laker

Dec 6, 2008
North Woods
Now that I have my Worksman Industrial News Boy bike on order what motor kit should I buy? I'm surprised to see so much contention on this issue of motor kits.We'll find a way shorter than sooner.Who's the best right now? Someone? Anyone?It wont stay a crap shoot forever trust me.lowriderl

old motorbike

Sep 21, 2008
Fl.
Don't know. Only built 1 so far and have been trying to make it better ever since. I just ordered the cheapest kit at e bay from boygofast. They all looked the same to me for HT kits.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Now that I have my Worksman Industrial News Boy bike on order what motor kit should I buy? I'm surprised to see so much contention on this issue of motor kits.We'll find a way shorter than sooner.Who's the best right now? Someone? Anyone?It wont stay a crap shoot forever trust me.lowriderl
There is only one way that these engines are going to be produced with any sort of consistent quality control: Myself or another Mechanical Engineer/Entrepreneur will have to go to China and Cherry pick a factory to train. Several months will be required!

This endeavor will be predicated on the fact that said Engineer will reward the Chinese factory with a huge order for engines that cost more than thier competition.

Now let's look at U.S. consumer mentality: Price is everything! Why? because we have been trained that we can buy junk without recourse...we can buy things that we knew were too good to be true...and cry and make a stink when it doesn't work out. If I were to offer quality engines that "looked" just like the other engines...people would still buy from BGF and the other low priced distributors.

So why would anyone bother? It's a price issue and will continue to be. It is highly unlikely that the circle will be broken.

Chris Hill up in Canada reworks these engines and guarantees them for a price...if you want a good engine kit, buy one of his.

I've talked to many of the re-sellers of these engines...they don't have the slightest idea what they are offering...It's just a simple wholesale-to-retail business, nothing more.

Jim

tyrslider

Sep 26, 2008
RainCity
The 4 stroke fits in the wrxman, but just barely and not w/ the kit motor mt. You may run into problems w/ the cranks as well. I haven't tried the grubee long shaft or old one piece but my kit cranks like sold by bgf do not clear the motor in the wrxman.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Boy Go Fast offers terrible customer service and has a record of selling used/returned engine kits.

thatsdax, livefast Chris Hill and others are good sellers with great service, and the cost is a dollar or two more than the sellers with poor service/poor quality kits.

By "poor quality" I mean the components that come with the kits can vary greatly, and the better sellers offer better kits with better throttles, chain tensioners, left side grips included, ect.

Look in the vendor review area on this site for a more thorough lowdown on the flim flam.