GT5 Hot up barrel, head, barrel spacer.

GoldenMotor.com

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia
I'm in OZ,
So postage may be a bore!
But after stripping my GT5 motor today, which only had a couple of hours on it, due to the fact that the crank was ****.
I have decided to pass on the decked, port and polished barrel, inlet notched and reshaped piston, as well as the polished, reshaped and decomp valve head, there is also a 1.2mm copper barrel spacer matched to suit.
The decomp valve was installed for the shift kit, as I was bending the cranks trying to start the motor with around 160 Psi.
I'm yet to clean it all up, as it was running oily and rich as I was still running it all in.
I will have to clean it, recheck port timing values, and post up photos and specs.
But if any one is interested I will not be needing this and would like it to find a new home so please make an offer.
Picks and specs soon.

Last edited:

Theon

Jan 20, 2014
FNQ Australia

There is some slight scruffing of barrel and a couple of small marks on the piston and head where the engine ingested a brass throttle cable end, whilst I was trying different carb set ups.
All of which would polish out, but are not affecting function.
I can polish these out for interested buyer, depending on offer.
Still havn't got around to reinstalling the crank in a set of cases to recheck port timings, but these would vary slightly depending on the base gasket used.
This would suit a better balanced crank, as it should give some good revs.
Inlet stud spacing is 40mm.
Barrel and head have been given a light coat of 'gold' paint.
Transfer ports have been smoothed and tapered slightly and all restrictions removed.
Inlet and exhaust ports have been widened with oval roofs.
Exhaust port has been enlarged and polished.
Head has been reshaped, with squish band, and polished.
Decmp valve is from an old chainsaw and works well.
Excess plug threads have been removed.
Many hours have gone in to all of this, and I think the average person would be very happy with my work.
From memory should be inlet around 60,
Transfers around 120,
exhaust around 105.
Make an offer, as I don't wish to build another GT5.
And save your self a heap of money/effort.
Yes I do know what I'm doing, and everything is in good slightly used condition.

Attachments

Last edited: