Roller or bushing on wrist pin

GoldenMotor.com

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
Lancaster, PA / Newark, DE
it was from boygofast and he didnt say jack...(no surprise there) I dont want to tear the motor down and waste another set of gaskets... norman do you have the dimensions for the connecting rod bushing or bearing?

rcjunkie

Sep 6, 2008
BGF? Warning, high probability it isn't the correct part. He rarely sells what is advertised in his listings and pics and description hardly ever match what is purchased on fleabay.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
europorsche914,

The engine I got from BGF had a needle bearing at the small end of the rod. I would think that if your new crank was a bushed type, the bushing would be installed?

I have this engine, (BGF), completely apart...give me a call tomorrow and I'll give you the I.D. dimension of the rod I have.

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
will do thanks jim. Do you have any cool new parts i can spend my money on? (^)
I am building a bike for a good customer...He brings in a lot of design/machine work for the shop. He wants this bike as a Christmas gift for his wife. I will for the most part make everything perfect. I should have pics in a few days. Most of the parts will be specific to this bike...which is a discontinued model from GT.

At this point I really don't have enough experience with different bikes to be able to offer universal parts...I am working on it!

Jim

i

Egor

Jan 30, 2008
Hurricane Utah
Looks like a roller bearing to me. Those notches in the sides are the indicator, the bush has clean sides. Have fun, Dave

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
thats what i figured so im pretty sure this will work as a replacement crankshaft for my bushing motor. Does anyone know the diameter of the wrist pin? Ill get to ordering a bushing (14mm od) as soon as i know the wrist pin diameter.

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
i thought that you couldnt put a needle bearing in a bushing motor but you could but a bushing in a bearing motor. Maybe im confused what is the diameter then of a bushing motor's connecting rod-wrist pin end?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Not sure of the measurement, but you can't interchange them. I understand the bearing cage is too large for a bushed type rod end. The bushing then would be too small for a bearing type rod.

europorsche914

Jun 18, 2008
yea thats what i figured so im gonna buy a 14mm od 10mm id bushing from an outside company and fit it. It will be of higher quality than the original. I talked to jim and he suggested a phosphorus bronze bushing.