Fuel line replacement?

GoldenMotor.com

ran49

Mar 5, 2008
So.In.
Any you guys find a suitable replacement for the fuel line hose that might be found locally.I hate to pay $6.00 shipping for something that probably isn't worth more than $.75.Tried the 1/4" black fuel line and it doesn't fit tight enough.I think 3/16"would about right.BTW,if you heat the end when installing you can slide it right on there.Ron

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
Try Autozone, in the small engines dept... I saw it there $1.98....if not there... try Ace hdwe....

ebmvegan

Jul 15, 2008
OC, Ca
Any automotive store will carry the 3/16 hose in their small engines area. I tried the black hose but quickly changed to the clear so I can see my fuel.

tibim

Jun 19, 2008
Any automotive store will carry the 3/16 hose in their small engines area. I tried the black hose but quickly changed to the clear so I can see my fuel.
Add a clear fuel filter for seeing the fuel.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I use the vinyl tubing sold at the hardware stores very cheap and comes is assorted sizes. some will sell( tygron not sure if its spelled right)tubing and it will work too.

Nomad

Aug 4, 2008
U.S.A.
I got some vinyl tubing 3/16ths at Ace Hardware for my next bike, looks good, I don't know if it's rated for gas, I'll keep an eye on it @ 29cents a foot it's easy to replace.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
I run the vinyl tubing and it works good it will harden with age but its cheap and easy to replace I also use 0.031 safety wire for hose clamps and my fuel lines don't leak. in case your wondering.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
I switched to the black rubber line several months ago 1/4 inch I think and it works fine. It is regular auto gas line. I don't use clamps or anything.

On the homebrew bike I use clear line even use some white hard plastic vacuum connectors here and there.

hardpank

Nov 21, 2008
South Jordan, UT
what is the actual material that the tubing should be made of to be fuel tolerant?
Hey guys, I'm new to the forum but I figured I could lend some knowledge here. I used to work for a custom hose shop. You want to use nitrile (black) tubing or if you want something clear, look for polyurethane. Teflon is also compatible with fuel. Our shop made some stainless braided teflon tubing that looks sweet. Vinyl is not compatible with fuel or oil and will harden and crack/break over time.