g'day from oz

GoldenMotor.com

smeg

Aug 6, 2012
sydney australia
G'day everyone, thought i'd better show everyone what i've been building, as i've used quite a bit of knowledge from you folks on this sight. i started out with a brand new electra cruiser coaster, $350 AUD, didnt like the idea of the coaster brake, as i plan to do quite a few kms, so i bought a new back wheel with free wheel hub, 66cc "chinagirl" and got straight to work. First was the fwd engine mount, and extra support for the seat post tube and v brake mounts all tig welded, chain tension bracket also welded between chain and seat stays, and skate board wheel turned down. Paint job and fit all the parts, (gee that sprocket is fun) Air powered ratchet works a treat with that one. Also bought the dual brake lever for the v brakes, all up price tag approx $650.

heres a few pics of the build and finnished product, once again thanks for all the info that is shared around this great site!
smegauflg

Attachments

smeg

Aug 6, 2012
sydney australia
i also replaced the fuel tube and filter after hearing of a few fires from cracking fuel lines, bought from a RC model shop 4mm "Tylene?" or something like that and a small in line filter, steel screw together, it doesnt hold a lot of fuel so when the petcock is off it cuts out pretty quickly.
smeg