40cc chainsaw, 65cc-80cc chinese differences?

GoldenMotor.com

rgvkid

Sep 21, 2008
Los Angeles,CA
Whats the difference in power from the 42cc chainsaw motors to the 65cc 80cc chinese kits on Ebay? The kits are prtty inexpensive. Will the bigger motors give me more power to get up hills?

I live in los angeles so should i be worried about going past the 50cc mark?

Please advise.

TwoWalks

Jul 13, 2008
Sonora Ca.
Whats the difference in power from the 42cc chainsaw motors to the 65cc 80cc chinese kits on Ebay? The kits are prtty inexpensive. Will the bigger motors give me more power to get up hills?

I live in los angeles so should i be worried about going past the 50cc mark?

Please advise.
Depends on how easily you get worried and how badly you sweat when nervous. rotfl

The china motors do not have marking or labels stating the engine CC's and there is little difference in the engine size. I would doubt that anyone driving around in a black and white would know the difference.

deacon

minor bike philosopher
Jan 15, 2008
north carolina
Yes you are tramp lol...

The problem with the chainsaw is you have to be able to fabricate everything yourself. There is no kit for them.

I run mine as a friction drive and it is too powerful to be a good friction drive for hills. I have yet to get it wot on hills because it skips and goes nuts. On the flat where you could actually wind it out I get chicken.

If you could make your own chain drive it would probably work as well as the china bike. I am just not that talented. Thats as honest an answer as I can give you.