New to this world

GoldenMotor.com

atomic13

Sep 25, 2010
South Florida
Been into old cars, Motorcycles and vintage scooters. I have the bug to build a board track racer or 47 Indian Chief motorized bicycle.

This seems to be the place to be.

Quick question anyone done a 47 Indian Chief? Is there any kind of 4 stroke V Twin engines that anyone has used in bikes other than the Honda Vanguard motors?

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
welcome to the world of motorized bicycles atomic. i cant be much help but i am sure someone here can. if you find a vtwin please let us know. i think that would be great on a motorized bicycle. great to have you with us and hope you enjoy the site as much as we do

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Welcome,If you deside to go with the 47 chief build how are you going to mount 4 2cycles in line?
It'd look cool.Can't help you with the twin.Kip.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
Kipharley,

The 47 Indian Chief had a V-twin. There was a in line Indian known as an Indian 4 but I would rather do a V-twin.
Your right!I was thinking the Chief was the big boy.Did Indian already label the twin the Chief before they introduced the inline?
Hey I saw somewhere here someone looking to identify a motorized bike that traded a MB that had fenders front and rear that looked Indian.Is that the look your looking for?Kip.

kipharley

Jul 9, 2009
Sanford,Maine
That's the bike I was talking about.He traded the bike you pictured for an unknown bike.Kip.
It's in the thread "Help identify this bike"

Last edited:

atomic13

Sep 25, 2010
South Florida
camlifter,

Did you do the sheet metal work yourself. If you did your a master artist. That is really a sweat look and has some of the features I want to build into mine. What frame did you start with. If you made those fender would you interested in possible doing another set with a few mods? I would like to try to get them inside the frame somehow. This could be done by widening the fron and rear a little. I have a 2005 Kawasaki Drifter 800. If you don't know what one is do a search on the web for photos and you will see what I have. Could never ride a real Indian Chief the way I tide mine so I setled for a forien copy. It still turns alot of heads. Anyway let me know if you are interested in working with me on my new obsession.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
the tank and fenders are fiberglass, i built the tank, got the fenders from e-bay and then modified them to fit over the frame, the bike started out as a mid 60's boys cruiser. it has the honda 35cc motor and uses a 3sp hub as a transmision.
i'm working on a how to video for building gas tanks, i'll put up a link to it when it's done. good luck on you build.
theres a thread in the do it your self section named 3sp jack shaft that shows the building of this bike, check it out.

atomic13

Sep 25, 2010
South Florida
Wow. Know that what I'm talking about. What motor, frame and fork combo did you go with for that one?

What a great job camlifter. Were did you get the tank?

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
that has the HS 4 stroke kit motor on it, just a knock off after market springer fork, the bike was a 60's cruiser. the tank i made myself from fiberglass. had to widen out the rear half of the bike and cut 1" out of the width of the fenders, they don't fit any bike that i know of right out of the box, so be prepared to cut them up if you try and use them. a shop called wickedkarts sells them on line.