Hello from Morgan Hill, Ca

GoldenMotor.com

revnull

Jul 14, 2010
Morgan Hill, Ca
Hi everyone! I stumbled on to this site while looking for bike reviews. I have access to an old Schwinn cruiser that I'm looking to restore. Having owned go-peds in the past, motor-bicycling looks very interesting! If anyone knows of local resources in northern CA (SF Bay Area), I'd appreciate pointing me in that direction.

Thanks!

- Ray Ramirez

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Hello Ray.

Did you know you can fabricate some mounts and mount a go-ped backwards on about any bike and have a motorized bike in a few hours?
Cut off the front, make a mount and go ride.

Well, as you will find out, it's not quite THAT easy, but pretty close.

revnull

Jul 14, 2010
Morgan Hill, Ca
Hello Ray.

Did you know you can fabricate some mounts and mount a go-ped backwards on about any bike and have a motorized bike in a few hours?
Cut off the front, make a mount and go ride.

Well, as you will find out, it's not quite THAT easy, but pretty close.
Unfortunately my garage was broken into about 6 years ago and all of my scooters and carts where stolen. All I had left were a few misc parts that I sold off. So now I'll be starting from scratch. I'm just debating weather or not to restore the old Schwinn or just but a new bike. I've been eyeing the Panama Jack at the local Wally-World.

Beyond the nostalgic value of bringing a 30+ year old Schwinn back to life, is there any other advantage to going the restore route, versus buy new a bolting on a motor kit? The reason I ask is, I've been quoted $150+ for just repainting the Schwinn. For the same price, I can get the Panama Jack.

Thoughts?

- Ray