Total NOOB in Minnesota

GoldenMotor.com

Mr.Cynical

May 31, 2010
Minnesota
Hello everyone,
I'm completely new to this game, but I have been getting so much helpful info searching on this forum I decided to join up. I've never motorized a bike before, but I just ordered my first kit after a couple weeks of searching around for info. I decided to start electric as it was quite a bit cheaper and as I'm not very mechanically inclined, the install looked like it was much easier. I do hope to eventually upgrade to gas power. Got a cheapy 700 watt 48 volt kit online, and I plan on adding it to a Schwinn Meridian Trike that I got this spring. I'm open to any help the veterans here have to give! scratg

Last edited:

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
Thats not a cheap kit, a cheap kit is like $100-300, your kit probally cost $1,000.
The gas kit actually was cheaper at around $150-200 and a cheap electric kit $300.
Welcome to the forum.

700 watt 48 volt kit : i see you will have plenty of power.

Mr.Cynical

May 31, 2010
Minnesota
Kit cost me $199, but I have to supply my own batteries, so it'll end up being a total of around $320 when all is said and done.

I need that much power to haul myself around, I'm a pretty big guy, just over 300lbs.

Mr.Cynical

May 31, 2010
Minnesota
A company called XcellSior. They have a website that you can order from, but they also have deals on ebay sometimes. I got it cheap on a last minute ebay bid, but even if you order it off their site it's still only $259.