Schwinn Jaguar springer

GoldenMotor.com

Hill of Beans

Dec 22, 2008
Georgetown, SC
Anyone had any experience with selecting and installing a springer fork on this popular bike from Target?? Made the mistake of buying forks and headset thinking the tube was 1" inch. It is,,,,,on the inside, or more. Bottom and top cups on the headset are the same size, and not possible to compression fit.
Any advice or sources greatly appreciated!
Tom

myke

Mar 23, 2009
Chicago
Anyone had any experience with selecting and installing a springer fork on this popular bike from Target?? Made the mistake of buying forks and headset thinking the tube was 1" inch. It is,,,,,on the inside, or more. Bottom and top cups on the headset are the same size, and not possible to compression fit.
Any advice or sources greatly appreciated!
Tom
I found one on ebay that worked pretty good, there is another forums post about it the ebay seller is lons38, I see he is selling another one now.

myke

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
I thought those things were one size fits all, or at least for any bike with 1" tubes.

I just got a Schwinn springer fork, but it's got a threaded end on the stem. No directions came with it and I am curious to know if it will work on a greenline bike.

I do know that the ones you see on EBay from greenline outlets and bike buyers will work mine, but this one I don't know, yet. (Haven't gotten the bike yet)

Beans, who did you get it from?
If it turns out that they are indeed different (yours and mine), I'd be happy to trade with you, if you'd like. The dia. of the stem is 1" , from the tube seat on the stem to the end is 6 1/4" long with a threaded end.

It may be possible to just swap out the stems and I can't see why that wouldn't work.

Any members have a clue?

Hill of Beans

Dec 22, 2008
Georgetown, SC
Hey Hiker,
Got my 1" springer from Ebay seller cruisinthelowlife. My mistake, will save it for another build instead of adapting. The Jag downtube is 1 1/8". ChoppersUS sells the larger springer and matching headsets, as well as adapting shims for the 1" to 1 1/8".
Don't think merely swapping stems would work, but I could be mistaken,,,,,again.
Which greenline did you buy?? Been looking at them myself and wondering about how well the engine would mount up. No experience with Greenlines. Have you?

hiker472

Nov 6, 2008
Ontonagon County,Upper Michigan
Hey Hiker,
Got my 1" springer from Ebay seller cruisinthelowlife. My mistake, will save it for another build instead of adapting. The Jag downtube is 1 1/8". ChoppersUS sells the larger springer and matching headsets, as well as adapting shims for the 1" to 1 1/8".
Don't think merely swapping stems would work, but I could be mistaken,,,,,again.
Which greenline did you buy?? Been looking at them myself and wondering about how well the engine would mount up. No experience with Greenlines. Have you?
That's cool they sell an over sized one, if I knew that I would have got the 7 speed greenline. I got the single speed-coaster brake $149 w/free shipping one, from Greenline outlet. I had asked him if the forks he sold fit on all his bikes, but evidently they only work on the one I bought and the stretch cruisers. All the rest have larger tubes.

One thing I like about those Greenlines is that they have beefy wheels like a heavy duty hub and 12G stainless steel spokes, and that guy is really good to deal with, not to mention free shipping and the best prices on EBay.

This will be my first Greenline, but by the looks of the one I'm getting, it should be np problem......just a standard cruiser. I almost got the stretch cruiser, but want something a little easier to build this time around. There is some great threads on that Greenline stretch here and they are sharp looking bikes to put a motor on..........That will be my next bike! He's got those for $199 w/free shipping................what a great price!!

Last edited: