timing ,valve lash

GoldenMotor.com

freewheeling frank

Mar 10, 2009
ridgway colorado
ok on a honda clone. anyone have info on valve lash and timing adjustments? arethey even adjustable? also still looking for any info on air gaps on the 2 stroke magnetos anybody ever play with this? thanks guys frank.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Frank,
Can't help on the valve question but as far as the 2 stroke mag; I use a standard business card. Cut it in half and insert one piece in the upper gap and the other in the lower. That will put you in the ball park. Very minor adjustment might be necessary but the thickness of the card seems to work well.
Tom

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
If it's a Honda "clone" wouldn't the same specs apply from the regular Honda ?

I'd adjust the valves after it sit all night and was at room temp and not adjust them
while warm or hot.

I always connected a VOM meter to my points (if it uses points) and turned the mounting
plate the points were mounted on to the timing mark. When the needle went to the 0 peg
I knew the points had opened and then tightened the plate. Again I don't know if your
motor uses points or a solid state Hall Effect (reed switch) module.

I'd check out Honda's specs for the valves cause I doubt it uses hydraulic lifters.

D.J.

Jan 20, 2008
Canada
It took me a while to track this down . I have the file saved but could not copy it and paste it here . So I found the original download link . The Sachs Madass service manual has all the info you will need to completely service and rebuild Honda clone engines . It has great pictures and diagrams . It is a safe download . There will always be some differences between manufactures though . The second link is to a copy of an old Honda 70 manual . I hope that this was the Honda clone type that you were referring to . ..... D.J.

4shared - free file sharing and storage - share folder - Sachs Madass References

CT70_K0_HK0 SHOP_MANUAL

Last edited: