Suggestions for rain?

GoldenMotor.com

Josh380

Feb 13, 2009
Aliso Viejo, CA
I know that you really shouldn't ride in the rain...Any suggestions for unexpected rain? Cover the motor? Ride the bike normally while in the rain (motor not running)?

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I would seal the case where the wires go to the mag with silicone, and make sure the mag cover gasket is good, use a good rear and front fender, and ride that sucka!

dvddtz

Feb 15, 2009
Gulf Breeze, FL
I have riden in the rain a few times and it is no fun, but I have never had any trouble(knock on wood).I had a rain suit one time and it worked better than nothing, the hood blew up like a balloon, it was pretty funny when I think about. Main problem is seeing glasses or not.

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008
My New Year's resolution is to commute to work daily except school days, rain or shine.

Two MB's will be put to use; one is "The Dragon Lady", a dual-engined girlie cruiser. The other is "The Iron Dragon". Right now it's under renovation and waiting for "Bob", my 6hp push trailer.

I've been rained on a few times so far. Now I carry a raincoat and rubber gloves on the bikes at all times.

Friction drive doesn't work very well on wet roads. I'm converting to rear CVT or chain drive.

I don't pay attention to my engines in the rain. They run flawlessly even in heavy downpours. If traction is poor, then I pedal the bike and raise the engines off the tires.

I might clean the bikes off when the rains stop.

Jul 22, 2008
Northglenn,Colorado
I once did have to get a plastic shopping bag to put over my Titan engine and it did the job because the air intake draws from the bottom. The exhaust seemed unaffected. I held it down with a little string but this one time I only did because it was absolutely POURING the kind that have soccer moms turn their wipers on high and they STILL can't see you.
In regular rain my engine seems unaffected.
I have rain gear from Wal Marts. Yes. You need those rain pants too.
Believe me.
Rain rules.
Lightning not so much.

Here's an older video I made riding in the rain.

YouTube - Riding Cronus in the rain PT 2

Last edited: