Throttle grip size?

GoldenMotor.com

BikeSmith

Nov 28, 2015
North Dakota
My plastic twist throttle grip from the stock 4g 4stroke kit just broke today. where can I get replacements? or can I just go to my nearest motorcycle shop and get one? what size are these? are they the same as scooters? IT broke where the cable end sits. need to find one fast, for the upcoming parades over the 4th.
:-||

Tony01

Nov 28, 2012
sf bay area
take a picture of the breakage. Mine also broke where the cable sits, so I just epoxied it and it's been good every since.

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
Throttle tube fits 7/8" bars, grip is 1".

Pretty standard. A motorcycle shop should have what you need, but at a price. If there's a moped scooter shop near you, you can probably get the whole set up cheap, maybe even a good used one.

BikeSmith

Nov 28, 2015
North Dakota
Got a throttle grip from a 1979 Yamaha 80, worked great. but then I was messing around putting it on and twisted it to far, and pulled the solder crimp right off the other end by the carb. so went and got some lead tear drop fishing sinkers, drilled out the hole to 1/16th threaded my cable through it. crimped it a little and put a cable feral from the bike shop on the end. good as new. and just in time for the parade tomorrow. the worst part of the whole day was trying to get some stainless steel zip ties to stay tight without having the key to tighten them when putting on the heat wrap on the new exhaust I made. I will be doing some measurments on the handles and posting them on here later.