MN First time builder

GoldenMotor.com

vampyremofia

Mar 24, 2016
MN
Hello all. I'm new to the site and too motorized bikes. I have an OCC Schwinn that I got last summer and I've been dreaming of motorizing one for 10 years. I'm hoping to get a 66cc motor kit to start with. I have a million ideas. Frankly right now I'm just lost as to where to begin. I have a huge list of wants. I know that I want to start with a decent chassis. For example I want a 4"-4.25" wheel in the front to help deal with riding in the snow and some minor off roading. This is for better or worse my main mode of transportation so as a non gear-head I could really use some guidance. Thanks in advance.
The picture is my ideal pre-motor

Attachments

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to the forum. We're glad you've joined us here and we'll try to help you see your "dream" come true.

I've personally never built an OCC bike but there are plenty of them around built by our members.
You might want to utilize our 'Search' feature and type in Schwinn OCC. I guarantee you'll find plenty to read on that subject and it will probably answer many of your questions. I do know that there is a vendor who offers a custom off-set engine mount for the OCC and some other parts and pieces to make installing an engine much easier than hand fabricated parts. Not being a "gear head" purchasing some of those items might be easier for you than trying to make them yourself.

You have chosen a challenging project for your first motorized bicycle and we usually suggest you begin with something simpler to gain some experience and knowledge but we won't discourage ambition.

Good luck and let us know if we can help. Keep us posted on your progress.

Tom