Shop Press idea's?

GoldenMotor.com

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
No kidding... i'd love to get a hold of one of those but way out of my budget too... I've noticed those laser cutters are coming down to reasonable prices tho and might try and get one of those for the shop... with one of those I could cut the copper gaskets and other small parts without having to find a way around the copper work hardening too soon...
Yep the laser machines are nice, my oldest step son has a nice one he uses for etching and wood work, amazing machine, Id like to have one myself.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Well these are outrageously priced...
$554!

http://www.grainger.com/product/GREENLEE-Punch-4JA63?s_pp=false&picUrl=//static.grainger.com/rp/s/is/image/Grainger/4JA62_AS01?$smthumb$

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
I run a 20 ton . Has been an invaluable piece of equipment.
I'd recommend getting one with a ram and pump arrangement as it is much more versatile.
I find the bottle jack arrangement a bit awkward.
This is the only clear picture I have of mine , sorry.
As you can see, I use it quite often....

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I got the hand jack one, the only pneumatics we use is to pump up a tire, and even that is a headache causing process with this old HF electric 'doughnut' compressor so it's always off until we need it.

Thanks for the tips guys.
Now to find a place to put the thing ;-}

boxcar

Dec 18, 2014
Astoria OR
Mine is not pneumatic, it is hydraulic. Can be used with manual pump or ( as mine is ) with an electric over hydro pump.

WECSOG

Nov 10, 2014
North Alabama, USA
I have both the HF 12 ton and 20 ton presses. I recommend going for the 20; not just because it is more powerful but also because the frame is welded where the 12 ton is bolted.
They occasionally have the 20 on sale for around $150, which is less than the list price of the 12 ton.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
As I mentioned I went with the 12T and it doses the job I need just dandy.
It popes the bearing and shaft in out of the 10G with ease.

It will be a bit trickier to put in the 120mm shaft and bearings but there are 2 of us.