clutch info...

GoldenMotor.com

soberguy

Jan 14, 2015
reading,pa
Does the clutch have to be held in to peddle while motor is running.if so does it peddle hard like pushing a motorcycle in gear with clutch pulled in?

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
When you disengage the clutch (squeeze the handlebar lever) the engine is disconncted from the rear wheel. That is assuming the clutch cable is adjusted correctly.

There will always be a little parasitic drag when pedaling with the clutch disengaged but you can pedal normally. Pedaling while the engine is running and clutch enagaged sould be almost effortless. Some call it 'ghost pedaling' to give the illusion that you are moving under pedal power to the casual observer.

Tom

soberguy

Jan 14, 2015
reading,pa
yes the casual observer is exactly what i was thinking about 2 door. that was very observant of you.so basically i can hit the kill button with clutch in and resume peddling while whistling and looking at the scenery.all sounds great except for my hot motor! lol thanx

Davezilla

Mar 15, 2014
San Antonio Texas
Yup... That's what's nice about the manual clutch, you can disengage the engine and pedal or you can just pop the clutch and let the engine take over if you tire yourself out or need a little help up a hill etc... like 2door mentioned, there is a little extra parasitic drag from the extra chain and freewheeling clutch, but it's pretty much just enough to be noticeable at best.