Hi ! noob here

GoldenMotor.com

Wally176

Apr 29, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
Hello, this is the first time I have ever poete or joined anything so bear with me. See I can't even spell! I want to do my first build if any one can point me to the right direction that would be great ! Having trouble finding vendors who are still in business or reliable. Sorry if this posted again, I've never done this before !

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
Welcome, if looking for a 2cycle (HT) engine.....

These are some of "MY" thoughts......

Buying a (Happy Time) Chinese 2 cycle kit.

1.There are many sellers of these kits, both from different vendors and on Ebay.
2.Most sellers don’t have a warranty, or back up the stated warranty. Very few do.
3.Do a search as to the ones that are reputable, many different complaints from a number of suppliers.

4.Don’t expect to build a MB bike for much less then a minimum of $200.00 plus the bike cost. To me cost wasn't the factor. I’m riding with the same engine since 2009 ($126.00), it was the cheapest I could find. Wasn’t sure how I’d like it, and built before I joined the forum. I did my own modifications. Later on the subject.
5.These kits are NOT installed and ride. Expect to make some modifications for longevity.
6.For the most part, these kits are all about the same. It’s a roll of the die.

7.Just about every possible question about this engine has been asked, diagnosed and answered. A search will find that your questions have been covered many times over. Can’t find it? Sometimes it’s hard to find. Just ask. Pictures are a great help, this goes along with a detailed question, and not just “Help?????” Personally I don’t know what a “thingy is” (does anyone?) here is a site that list parts by name. This should help; it did for me as some names of parts are specific to these kits.
http://www.bicycle-engines.com/2stro...vshi19srjuq544 Thank you bicycle-engines.com
8.We also have stickies that cover just about everything about all MB builds.
They are a good source of information.

9.Stay away from “Chrome” painted engines if possible as these engines are air cooled and “BLACK” dissipates the heat better, all mine are either black, or no finish at all.
10.Take your time building, and you will have a safer, better ride. I've worked on engines for the past 50 years, I took 16 hours (2 days each build) to build ours. I could of thrown it together in a few hours. But it would be junk.
After building, while breaking it in, I suggest a fuel mixture of 20:1 to start with, not 16:1 as the book states…if you even get one. Here is the manual.
http://www.grubeeinc.com/USA/STARFIR...STRUCTIONS.htm Thank you grubeeinc.com
11.Here are the modifications “I” make. Pick out what you want is any.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...QUZq2qXXE/edit

We are all here to help, have a ball and a safe ride.

Last edited:

Wally176

Apr 29, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I guess I'm looking for a dealer thats not going to trake my money and not deliver the product. After looking around a lot of them have closed up shop. Any good dealers still around ?

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Welcome aboard Wally!
There's a lot of good info here on the forum, and you should read through as much as you can.

I have no axe to grind, and would suggest you have a look around and see which of the dealers are highly thought of by a majority of posters.

I think most the probs are because its basically a cheep product!

Good luck
rc

Al.Fisherman

Sep 9, 2009
Calera, Alabama
AWWWW..... Why does it seem to come down to an internet crapshoot ?
Although I've never received a engine (bought 5) that the engine itself was bad, but there are members that have. Most of the problems I see are due to improper instillation. Along with defective electronics, and a CNS carburetor.

Last edited:

Wally176

Apr 29, 2012
Philadelphia, PA
I have been reading lots over the past few weeks, and researching companies as best as possible. Searching the web does not tell you who is still in business though ! Lots of companies have folded it seems. I realize it's a cheap product but for a severe COPD person, I just wanted to try it. Would love to learn a new thing! I'm mechanically inclined , learn fast, and this would be my first attempt at "motors"!